Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus NX450h+ PHEV

If speculation is correct, 2022 NX will get the RAV4 PHEV unit with 302 BHP, 40+miles EV range and 0-60 in 5.8seconds.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterlyon/2020/05/26/new-lexus-nx-to-get-302-hp-plug-in-hybrid-and-4wd-for-2022-launch/

https://www.torquenews.com/6626/did-toyota-just-leak-its-new-plug-electric-hybrid-or-not

Now this is a nice car.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dylanlewis2000 said:

This is good news, however, with the Rav4 Prime, the starting price is £48k. When you add 'Lexus tax' on it, it will be that much higher. 

I agree, the RAV4 plug in starts at £47k but the one you want is £51k. The Lexus alternative is going to be £55k which is just too much.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

Fair point, keep in mind though that ( if we believe YouTube 0-60 videos) , this will be the second fastest Lexus in UK line up

RC F, LC500, LC500h, LC500C, LS all beat it but still very fast.

8 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

RC F, LC500, LC500h, LC500C, LS all beat it but still very fast.

Thanks,  you are right on paper, YouTubers though have tested all these models, if you check only  LC500 is sub 5.8seconds 0-60 ( apologies for the RCF, thought it was discontinued )

There are videos with the RAV4 doing 5.7seconds. 

So, generally speaking I think it will be worth the  50K price tag (after the usual carwow etc shopping around)

Guess we will have to wait and see! In any case it will be a nice vehicle 

31 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

There are videos with the RAV4 doing 5.7seconds. 

You often find vehicles going faster than the quoted spec but people have inaccurate measuring equipment based on GPS or speedo, non flat roads, wind etc. and the big difference between 0-60 and 0-62 mph.

Not sure the Lexus will be as fast as the Rav as it may carry some extra weight but it is still going to be very fast compared to what the NX has been capable of up until now. Not sure all that performance is what the majority of potential buyers will actually be looking for though.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Not sure all that performance is what the majority of potential buyers will actually be looking for though.

you are right on that, I will be closely looking at the EV range. If it is real life 40 miles then that would be great and extremely competitive

I would exchange some performance for  extra range to be honest ( let's say 0-60 7.8 seconds and 60 miles real life EV range), but we can not have everything

edit

Even with the AC on all the time, we did see 42 miles of EV range in real-world driving.

this is really great

https://www.torquenews.com/1083/consumer-reports-no-gas-toyota-rav4-prime-over-800-miles-testing