Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust

Rooky

Hey Guys

Quick question, would anyone know if the rear section of an is200 petrol exhaust will fit onto a is220d?

Mine has got to be replaced and the angles on the petrol one look to be very similar, but I'm going by photos. 

Any help would be appreciated

Do you mean an IS250? The rear exhaust sections have different part codes so I assume they won't directly fit.

Almost certainly a series I IS200 exhaust won't fit without heavy modification.

It was the is200 I was looking at.

The is250 can apparently be modded to fit but im not looking for anything fancy just hard over here to find something for the diesel.

Thanks for your reply.

20 minutes ago, Rooky said:

It was the is200 I was looking at.

It's probably safe to say that no one has ever tried - it may work with modification but they don't have the same part code so there is going to be some difference.

No it wont. I did look at that option to replace the boxes on my first is250 with the is200 one (needed two) but they will not fit. However, the centre resonator does fit very well but you will need to alter the pipe size, both in and out of the box. For reference i found that the old Rover ZR back box's fitted very well in the recess of the is250 - needed to change the hangers and again the pipe size - may fit yours but not sure the difference between the diesel and the petrol. The sound was really good as when i made mine it had quad exhausts.