Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

TV theme tunes

4 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Thought I'd find out about people's favourite TV theme tunes. Mine is the tune from the TV show Life on Mars.

https://youtu.be/pX_IacZ8Ktk

Bowie, good shout! An evergreen choice. I wonder if they named the show after picking the theme song?

Personally, it’s gonna be the Professionals, the show is awfully dated, but can’t really go wrong if you start by shooting a Cortina through a massive pane of glass. 

• Like 1

Eh up Rich you're not killing this thread just adding a theme tune within 0.2% being as good as my favourite. I'd actually forget about that tune but really really like it. Thanks for posting it. 

Must find out how to post from a YouTube video as you have.

• Like 1

Oh dear, what have you started?  Impossible for me to select one - and some have already been mentioned  - as these are the theme tunes of my best TV years.

So first, the poignant, reflective theme for Morse, by the late and lamented Barrington Phelong that so perfectly captured the sensitive portrayal by John Thaw and the complexities of Colin Dexter’s Oxford society.

Oops, sorry Piers.  Just realised you’d already chosen this clip.  Still, another chance to hear it.

There’s the theme from Minder, written and performed by the often under-rated Dennis Waterman...

So I would also add the theme from Boon.  A great vocal and musical performance, also written by Jim Diamond.

• Like 1

Here’s my last offering. Special to me as a Watford fan as we’ve been running out to this for years, although nobody really knows why. Saw my first live match in 1974, grew up through the glory years of Graham Taylor and Elton John (Luther, John Barnes, Steve Sims, Nigel Callaghan, Wilf Rostron etc.). After a few lean years we had the unlikely promotions of 1999 and 2006, all the way to where we are today with wealthy owners and back in the Premier League after just one season away. It’s been a bloody good ride!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

Here’s my last offering. Special to me as a Watford fan as we’ve been running out to this for years, although nobody really knows why. Saw my first live match in 1974, grew up through the glory years of Graham Taylor and Elton John (Luther, John Barnes, Steve Sims, Nigel Callaghan, Wilf Rostron etc.). After a few lean years we had the unlikely promotions of 1999 and 2006, all the way to where we are today with wealthy owners and back in the Premier League after just one season away. It’s been a bloody good ride!

You are going to get all the Everton fans now saying we stole their tune, and it is an adaptation of a sea shanty how can Watford use it when they aren't coastal town............

COYH

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

More great theme tunes. Blimey Joe 90 I forgot all about him. I suppose I should also enter the theme tune to THUNDERBIRDS as I'm in the process of watching all 27 episodes. 

• Like 2