Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300h boot space

Hi worldly lexus owners.

About to pull the trigger on a 2016 IS300H sport. Love it but my only concern is boot space for our family. We have a baby on the way so concerned about prams fitting in the boot. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, 

James

• Like 1

I think the boot is quite sizeable at 450 litres, compared to my previous Volvo V40 at 325 litres & would say it is plenty big enough for a folding pram.

I have a space saver spare wheel in mine & there is still quite a lot of room left.

I think its is only about 20-30 litres less than a C class or 3 series etc.

Good luck whatever you decide.

• Thanks 1

if you have the pram take it to a dealership and try it in a boot

its the only way to be certain it will fit, in my opinion i dont think

you will have an issue, i had the same concern when i bought a

Ct back in 2013 and suprisingly it fitted, as i have already said

for peace of mind go and try it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, 200h said:

if you have the pram take it to a dealership and try it in a boot

its the only way to be certain it will fit, in my opinion i dont think

you will have an issue, i had the same concern when i bought a

Ct back in 2013 and suprisingly it fitted, as i have already said

for peace of mind go and try it

Agreed. I’ve often turned up at a dealership with my golf bag and trolley to give the boot a test 😀

9 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Agreed. I’ve often turned up at a dealership with my golf bag and trolley to give the boot a test 😀

You don't have to worry about golf bags, Lexus believe all their owners are golf players and wouldn't release a vehicle that you couldn't fit a bag into. It seems to be their unit of measurement:

The IS 250C is the only car in its class to be able to accommodate a nine-inch golf bag with the hard top stowed and the luggage cover in place.

• Great looks not at the cost of comfort or convenience, with generous cabin space and room for four golf bags in the boot

• New NX 300h available to order now, with customer deliveries from October

With all seats in place, the SportCross can accommodate 340 litres of luggage under its load area cover. A further 36 litres of space is available in additional covered storage boxes. The 880mm-long load space in the rear is large enough to allow four golf bags or three suitcases to be carried without interrupting rear visibility.

Although the GS F is based on the current Lexus GS platform, its dimensions are different, being longer and wider due to extended front and rear overhangs. It also sits lower to the ground. There has been no compromise in interior or load space – the boot is big enough to hold up to four golf bags.

RX L

The cargo space can be increased to provide enough room for four large suitcases or multiple golf bags. A space saver spare wheel and jack are provided as standard, stored in an area beneath the boot floor.

16 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

I last did that 19 years ago. Ping Bag and  Powerkaddy Trolley.

Audi A6 Estate just not wide enough

BMW 5 Series Estate far too narrow

Mercedes E Class Estate was perfect.

And I`ve kept it ever since and they all still fit !

I imagine that if I were to do it again, I should add the Skoda Superb Estate ?

• Like 1

Never done it at a Lexus dealership. Have done it at Audi, Merc and BMW dealerships when choosing next company car. I always had to make sure there was room in the boot for clubs plus all the company stuff I carried round with me.

3 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I last did that 19 years ago. Ping Bag and  Powerkaddy Trolley.

Audi A6 Estate just not wide enough

BMW 5 Series Estate far too narrow

Mercedes E Class Estate was perfect.

And I`ve kept it ever since and they all still fit !

A transit van for all that I would think John! 😀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

You can probably fit the whole golf course in the back of one of those. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Couldn't quite get all the clubs in there in the bag, I had to take the driver out.  Then decided to drop one of the rear seats but that gave an awkward step which meant pushing and pulling.  Finally decided that for £100 a year I'd leave my clubs in the dry, warm trolley shed at the course.  Battery charging connection included so all very happy, I now have an empty boot and no loading and unloading at either end.  Hasn't helped the handicap though 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was quite miffed to find that my Peavey bass cab didn't fit in the 300h.

Peavey Headliner 210 - 2x10" 400-watt Bass Cabinet | Sweetwater

It just squeezed into my 250 but it's just too big to go in the 300h. I had to replace it with one of these, which isn't a great shame as it's considerably cooler. And lighter. And louder.
Trace Elliot ELF 2x8 | Bass Cab | GAK

On 5/6/2021 at 2:47 PM, Brechin Slate said:

Couldn't quite get all the clubs in there in the bag, I had to take the driver out.  Then decided to drop one of the rear seats but that gave an awkward step which meant pushing and pulling.  Finally decided that for £100 a year I'd leave my clubs in the dry, warm trolley shed at the course.  Battery charging connection included so all very happy, I now have an empty boot and no loading and unloading at either end.  Hasn't helped the handicap though 🙂

I was taking the driver out for a long time until I realised that the bag would fit with the driver but only one way. If you put the driver head on the drivers side the bag will fit with the driver but won't fit if put in the opposite way. Perhaps you have a 48 inch driver?!

We have just had a baby And a  pram will fit but that's it I have just, bought a avensis Estate as I can't get all the stuff in the boot when we go away to are caravan on the weekends thinking of selling my f sport is and my landcruiser 80 and buying a rx450h. I wish lexus made estate cars

On 5/2/2021 at 12:03 PM, Fourknees1982 said:

Hi worldly lexus owners.

About to pull the trigger on a 2016 IS300H sport. Love it but my only concern is boot space for our family. We have a baby on the way so concerned about prams fitting in the boot. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, 

James

You don't need a massive pram/pushchair. The BabyZen YoYo lasted my daughter from age 0-4 years old. It weights next to nothing and folds one handed into something smaller than a backpack.

Babyzen_YOYO_Air_France_header.jpg

I would however make sure you get a decent car seat, rotating one makes life easier for exit/entry as the IS300H is very low. 

Crash safety is worth thinking about, my car was involved in a non fault crash a few years ago on my way to nursery. Luckily my daughter wasn't in the car, but the point of impact was right at the passenger door where my daughter would have been sat.

There is a very good reason why families love SUVs, the force of impact wrote off both cars, and 'snapped' massive 20inch allows as though they were plastic wheel covers. But if you just saw the passengers side door of my car it all doesn't look too bad.

Not sure how the IS300H would have faired in a similar crash.

35229572236_16f84721bd_k_d.jpg

35269663945_5acab236d6_k_d.jpg

34460338003_e105534907_k_d.jpg

3 hours ago, ganzoom said:

You don't need a massive pram/pushchair. The BabyZen YoYo lasted my daughter from age 0-4 years old. It weights next to nothing and folds one handed into something smaller than a backpack.

Babyzen_YOYO_Air_France_header.jpg

I would however make sure you get a decent car seat, rotating one makes life easier for exit/entry as the IS300H is very low. 

Crash safety is worth thinking about, my car was involved in a non fault crash a few years ago on my way to nursery. Luckily my daughter wasn't in the car, but the point of impact was right at the passenger door where my daughter would have been sat.

There is a very good reason why families love SUVs, the force of impact wrote off both cars, and 'snapped' massive 20inch allows as though they were plastic wheel covers. But if you just saw the passengers side door of my car it all doesn't look too bad.

Not sure how the IS300H would have faired in a similar crash.

35229572236_16f84721bd_k_d.jpg

35269663945_5acab236d6_k_d.jpg

34460338003_e105534907_k_d.jpg

Very sorry to hear about your accident. As long as you and the family are uninjured, that is the main thing Gang.

Have they written the Tesla off?

Thank you also for the buggy advicem as I am hoping to be a granddad one day!

On 5/20/2021 at 8:34 AM, Spacewagon52 said:

Very sorry to hear about your accident. As long as you and the family are uninjured, that is the main thing Gang.

The Tesla was written off because the force of the crash damaged the chassis. Luckily because it was pretty much brand new, I was allowed to order another brand new one, so it didn't turn out too bad.

Still, given the number of nutters there seems to be on the road who don't understand how junctions or traffic lights work I much rather my family travel in a SUV than a smaller car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ganzoom said:

Still, given the number of nutters there seems to be on the road who don't understand how junctions or traffic lights work

i have to agree with you about the nutters

october 2020 i had a mercedes van exit from a motorway slip road onto a roundabout in awful

weather conditions without slowing down until he hit the side of my GS, i'd only had the car 3 weeks

43 minutes ago, 200h said:

i have to agree with you about the nutters

october 2020 i had a mercedes van exit from a motorway slip road onto a roundabout in awful

weather conditions without slowing down until he hit the side of my GS, i'd only had the car 3 weeks

Do you still miss the Audi they lent you? :-)

On 5/20/2021 at 8:34 AM, Spacewagon52 said:

Being a granddad is great. You get all the fun of having the little one(s) for a few hours then get to give them back. After ensuring they're full of fizzy substances guaranteed to keep them awake of course. However, as someone who has had to sit through Frozen (and the sequel) far, far more times than I care to mention, be warned. Not only is there that to endure, you'll get to re-learn all the nursery rhymes again and watch endless hours of Bing (I hate Bing. I really hate Bing).

I took my 7 year old granddaughter out for the first time in my IS the other day (anyone under the age of 53 is banned from coming anywhere near it, so she was lucky). She was very impressed - thought that the F Sport speedo trick was out of this world and having album covers displayed on the screen was clever. Of course she agreed that the car was a rocket ship and the best car in its sector bar none. She's a clever girl.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mincey said:

Being a granddad is great. You get all the fun of having the little one(s) for a few hours then get to give them back. After ensuring they're full of fizzy substances guaranteed to keep them awake of course. However, as someone who has had to sit through Frozen (and the sequel) far, far more times than I care to mention, be warned. Not only is there that to endure, you'll get to re-learn all the nursery rhymes again and watch endless hours of Bing (I hate Bing. I really hate Bing).

I took my 7 year old granddaughter out for the first time in my IS the other day (anyone under the age of 53 is banned from coming anywhere near it, so she was lucky). She was very impressed - thought that the F Sport speedo trick was out of this world and having album covers displayed on the screen was clever. Of course she agreed that the car was a rocket ship and the best car in its sector bar none. She's a clever girl.

Great times James.

Our GK`s  most enjoy riding in the Merc` Estates  rear facing seats and waving to drivers behind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

Do you still miss the Audi they lent you? :-)

NO, i hated the whole 9 weeks i had the bloody thing, it was circa 6 months old

so not an old battered well used car, the Audi A5 S line 40 was the most horrible

car i have driven in a long time i wouldn't even recommend one to someone i didnt like,

it sounded agricultural having a 2ltr diesel engine , the kit the car had was pretty poor

the only part of the Audi i liked was leaving it behind and getting the keys back to the GS

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 200h said:

NO, i hated the whole 9 weeks i had the bloody thing, it was circa 6 months old

so not an old battered well used car, the Audi A5 S line 40 was the most horrible

car i have driven in a long time i wouldn't even recommend one to someone i didnt like,

it sounded agricultural having a 2ltr diesel engine , the kit the car had was pretty poor

the only part of the Audi i liked was leaving it behind and getting the keys back to the GS

That is exactly what my memory told me Mark and I could not understand James` comment.

32 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

That is exactly what my memory told me Mark and I could not understand James` comment.

I was being mean - I apologise :-)

• Like 1