Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bike rack for towing hitch or towbar - UX250h

Does anyone have experience with this? 

The problem is that the dealer installed a towbar with a D-Value of 5.7 (a Brink 6918, Class A50-X). No problem because I don't want to pull a trailer anyway and it is generally assumed that a hybrid or electric car should not pull a trailer.

Before that, I never thought about it, because on my old one I would always have the bikes on the roof.

Now I am discovering that many manufacturers want a D- Value of over 7. And with that I can't use those.

So, did someone solve this out there? Any suggestion? Ideas?

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

I had a towbar fitted to my brand new UX (fitted before delivery to the dealership, most likely fitted at the dockside)

I purchased a Peruzzo 2 bike rack from eBay, cost £155.

I am sure the Peruzzo rack will be able to 2 E bikes as they are very well made.

As I will only use the rack to transport a single Ebike I cut the rack down for a single bike..

8491519F-5CEB-4F28-994A-CA82C85D9740.jpeg

Thanks Bill.

I have owned the Orbea Ebike for a couple of years, it’s been very reliable, except for last Sunday when I snapped a rear wheel spoke. It’s now having the rear wheel re-spoked.

I never realised you could see the old number plates.  I collected them over the years, Rover 75’s, Jaguar EF, Lexus IS, and others.

Next time I’ll take a picture at more of an angle. 

Take a closer look at the pictures on the right. I spent most of my working life in that trade.

David

• 2 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, MartinH said:

24-hour racing in Gran Canaria? Please tell us more. (I have only limited experience of riding there.)

Not on the island, but once out in the mountains going down in a valley and bike computer ran out of power it took me 14 hours to get home. No problem, on a bike you can see beautiful places not in reach in a car. You can rent mountain bikes on the island.

image.thumb.png.28a48dcd4331e9bf7208299071737d2e.png