Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do we have remote window closure?

My 2008 IS250 opened/closed all of your windows by holding down lock/unlock on the remote key.

Doesn't seem to work on my RC-F.....does this work for anyone's RC?

It can be done, I have it on my 2019 RC-300h but it has to be programmed by the dealer, or someone with Techstream. Should be noted in your handbook under Customisations..

• Like 1

They may want to charge you (like a nominal £100) or they may pretend not to understand what you talking about, so just be prepared to haggle a little bit.

Indeed I am sure they will try and add a charge.

However I will challenge by pointing out that Techstream always requires updating during a service so should not add any labour time to "flick a switch" whilst already in the system.

Dealer customisation is free with first run-in service/check. After they should charge in theory, but it may differ from country to country. Perhaps if it is not the first car you buying from them then they will do it for free to keep you as a customer.

Well I will ask them to do it at my next service, which is the 6 year service priced at £900+ so will not be very happy if I get asked to pay for a quick switch in Techstream. I am sure they will oblige as you say, for goodwill etc.

There may be a technical explanation for why some customisations, irritatingly, are dealer-only while others are not, but I suspect the latter

simply reflect Lexus' choice of which individual settings are likeliest to be changed when a car has multiple users with prospectively different

requirements.  Be this as it may, I doubt whether the customisations menu was designed to provide dealers with the option of obtaining or

waiving payment for what they and their customers know to be a laughably quick and simple job.   However, it is not difficult to imagine

a scenario wherein a dealer, judging that a gesture of goodwill would yield no potential benefit to his own business, for example when the

car was purchased elsewhere by a person he may never see again - or may not want to see again - will regard payment as a possible deterrent

to providing the service at all.  

I am surprised full window open/closure is not ON by default tbh. When it was a default on my 2008 IS250.

I have a 2 year extended warranty plan, have already visited for 1st of the free MOTs and going for my £900 6yr service this August. So again, really hope they do not see me as a customer they do not need to treat well....I am sure they won't. 

6 minutes ago, BillNick said:

I am surprised full window open/closure is not ON by default tbh. …

Completely agree.  I had the setting changed with the first service of my first RC and immediately on delivery of the second.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rabbers said:

for example when the car was purchased elsewhere by a person he may never see again - or may not want to see again - will regard payment as a possible deterrent to providing the service at all.  

That was probably my case... I just paid £565 for full service and asked setting to be changed so that keyless unlock would unlock all 3 doors instead of just drivers door on my IS250. Apparently, it was possible to do that using combination on key and memory settings, but it didn't work for me so I asked dealer for it. At first they tried to scare me saying it may be £100 charge and later created the excuse that my car is too old and does not have this option... despite this being standard feature for all mk2 IS from 2005 and mine was 2008.

I think they just looked at the car and decided there are no business case with me and they don't want me as a customer 🙂 

Yes!

Press the open button on the remote, hold it pressed and all 4 windows roll 1/3 down.

Press the close button and hold it pressed and the windows close.

CT200h 2016 Luxury Sport etc.

Just make sure that before you go to bed (if the car is outside), make sure that somehow with the fob in your pocket, the windows haven't inadvertently rolled down. Because if it rains in the night and gets a bit windy, the inside of your car will get a bit wet and leather perforated seats can get a bit soggy.

I post from hard earned experience !

Happened to me, luckily it was just 5 minutes of freak rain and I was back in the car within 15... and just just so happens that we were in Tesco to buy some towels, so they came handy right away 🙂

To be fair it happened not because of this function in particular, but because I didn't initiate all windows after replacing the Battery. Apparently, that has side effect where car randomly decides to open all windows on it's own. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 8:45 AM, BillNick said:

I am surprised full window open/closure is not ON by default tbh. When it was a default on my 2008 IS250.

I have a 2 year extended warranty plan, have already visited for 1st of the free MOTs and going for my £900 6yr service this August. So again, really hope they do not see me as a customer they do not need to treat well....I am sure they won't. 

It used to be ON by default, but was told it was changed in response to customer feedback, where owners complained about finding their cars with the windows open. I have always asked the dealer to switch this on, but I have to say to being caught out a couple of times, mainly when having the key in a jeans pocket. I think it is more likely to happen if you have a keyring attached to the key as it may press against the buttons.

3 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Yes I can see when and where this might happen, but don't anticipate it happening to me.

I always ask the dealer to switch this on. And the windows open all the way down by the way.

• 3 months later...