Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vacuum and noise when opening the windows

My new UX250h has a problem.  If I open a rear window, I get an awful noise and it pulls a vacuum that is loud and uncomfortable on the ears (vacuum).  It happens in any window position, also opening the front windows at the time makes no difference.  

It happens at all speeds over 30 and get worse if you increase the speed.  

Is this normal?  I mean it is a Lexus.  I have had small cases of it in previous cars but if you then moved the window a bit up or down it was gone.  Not here.  It is there to stay till you close the rear window.

Is there maybe a trick?  Does anybody else have this?  Any insight? 

car vacum.mp3

Do you have the climate control set to recirc or fresh air?

I notice a big difference in the noise from my sunroof if the climate control (which is set to all-auto) closes the cabin air to the recirc position.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Do you have the climate control set to recirc or fresh air?

I notice a big difference in the noise from my sunroof if the climate control (which is set to all-auto) closes the cabin air to the recirc position.

set on atomatic.  tried it with climate control turned off, even worse. 

Cant say its happened to me but i rarely open a window while driving. Im wondering if its to do with air pressure the difference between the pressure in the car and the difference between the outside pressure. Internally if it was warm and chilly outside would that create the vacuum ?

7 hours ago, ALAW said:

Cant say its happened to me but i rarely open a window while driving. Im wondering if its to do with air pressure the difference between the pressure in the car and the difference between the outside pressure. Internally if it was warm and chilly outside would that create the vacuum ?

could be but I do not notice any difference on a warm or a cold day, day or nicht.  it is equally annoying at all times.