Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Sighting of LC500!

I was out today in our NX and saw a Sonic Red LC500 coming the other way. The LC was travelling north west on the A36 at Ower (by the Nisa Shop) at about 12:10. The numberplate had 53 on it.

Was this you?

(I'm starting to think that I'm the only one who sees other LCs...) 🙂

5 hours ago, malcolmw said:

I was out today in our NX and saw a Sonic Red LC500 coming the other way. The LC was travelling north west on the A36 at Ower (by the Nisa Shop) at about 12:10. The numberplate had 53 on it.

Was this you?

On Monday as I was a passenger in my Celsior (being taken for a test run) we passed a parked LC500, only the second one I've seen.

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty sure that I saw this red LC500 again today. It must be a Sport+ as its wing was raised.

It was on the A36 at Landford going south-east at about 15:15 today. 🙂

On 5/6/2021 at 4:30 PM, malcolmw said:

I believe the only one I have seen on the road was within spitting distance of my local dealer, Lexus Gatwick. Having said that, I think they may have recently sold two in recent days, a red and a white model, or just possibly shunted them to other branches. If they are local, then I guess I will see them sometime soon, but hitherto I've yet to see one out in the wild. Assuming I have interpreted the figures correctly, then it does seem there are less than 200 nationwide. Obviously an extremely rare car!

Just did another quick check and if I am interpreting the data correctly, it would seem approx 255 have been registered. To be honest I am not too sure where one would acquire definitive figures. It also seems there is but a handful that are SORN'd which might suggest not many are being tucked away.

On How Many Left ,if you add up all the variants since launch I made it 400.

Some are Sorned but there are a number of different Hybrid and V8 models.

I may have got it wrong,but several dealers told me they thought there were approaching 500 ,which must be optimistic.

A J.

I think we can safely agree the numbers are most definitely low, as one would expect. I would also concur with your "optimistic" dealer observation. Frankly, I wish there were more out and about, but I guess at the end of the day it's something of a niche product.

If my figures are wrong,I apologise but,yes,a few more would be nice.

However,in conversation with a Lexus sales manager this week,he said that there had been far more interest in the model this year and they had sold a number of new and used.

It is a niche car and with early ones down at £50k and below,I am not surprised the used market is bouyant,relatively speaking.

A J.

As part of my intention to get familiar with the brand I've been watching the turn round times on these cars, and it seems to me that in recent weeks there has indeed been significant selling activity. Perhaps even along with something of a price hike on a like for like historic basis. If I remember, there is currently one at a few pounds shy of £50K whilst others seem to provide an entry point (before negotiation) at around £52/£53K. Given the state of the second hand car market right now then I'm not surprised, and again sports cars tend to do well in the summer months and the psychological £50K barrier is now broken regularly.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with AJ500 on total numbers.

I have had mine 2 years come September 1st and have never seen another one whilst out & about. However, due to wintering abroad and Covid19 I have only done 5,500 miles.

On 6/25/2021 at 8:07 PM, malcolmw said:

I'm pretty sure that I saw this red LC500 again today. It must be a Sport+ as its wing was raised.

It was on the A36 at Landford going south-east at about 15:15 today. 🙂

Were you at the lavender farm? :-) 

Ah! A local I see.

We haven't been to the Lavender Farm since the first lockdown last year but the LC was a bit further north than this near In-Excess.

Without giving too much away, where are you located in Hampshire? We are in Wiltshire just near the border with Hants (but not on the A36). 

There are two I see regularly in the Premier Marina in Gosport (Hampshire) - quite surprised me to see them so close to each other... I think one of them belongs to someone living in the flats there (a V8 version) and the other (a hybrid version) has a boat in the marina - he parked next to me the other week. They look really nice cars "in the flesh" - maybe one day I'll get the money together to buy one, if the yacht doesn't take all my money in the meantime - they are even more of a money pit than cars!!!

5 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

There are two I see regularly in the Premier Marina in Gosport (Hampshire) - quite surprised me to see them so close to each other... I think one of them belongs to someone living in the flats there (a V8 version) and the other (a hybrid version) has a boat in the marina - he parked next to me the other week. They look really nice cars "in the flesh" - maybe one day I'll get the money together to buy one, if the yacht doesn't take all my money in the meantime - they are even more of a money pit than cars!!!

Maybe the Annual Sail will produce a bargain Phil ?🤣

• Haha 1

Ive had my LC500 Sport + in Sonic  Red eight months now and again because of Covid have just clocked up four thousand miles, I’ve seen three others in Cheshire.

I believe there’s only about 450 in the uk according to Lexus.

I saw a white one in Alderley Park in Cheshire when I was going for a Covid jab a few weeks back. Its the first one I've seen out in the wild. 

18 hours ago, malcolmw said:

Ah! A local I see.

We haven't been to the Lavender Farm since the first lockdown last year but the LC was a bit further north than this near In-Excess.

Without giving too much away, where are you located in Hampshire? We are in Wiltshire just near the border with Hants (but not on the A36). 

Yep. Between Winchester and Southampton, not far from junction 12 of the M3.

• 2 months later...

The only one I've seen is the one I test drove about 3 years ago, my local dealer held an away day in a hotel in the scottish borders, full range of cars to try so took out a RX 450h as well and have since bought one.

The LC500 was the V8 bloody marvellous.

Saw a green convertible LC with tan roof up, travelling towards Cheltenham on the A419 Saturday 18 September, late afternoon.

Unfortunately I was traveling the other way so only caught a quick glimpse of it.

• 1 month later...

I was at Hedge End today (no, not at the Lexus dealer!) and on our way back  to J7 of the M27 from M&S we saw and waved at another Sonic Red LC500 just like mine. Anyone watching must have thought it was a (very rare) convoy. The number plate was "L500xxx".

Anyone on here?