Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My wife used to buy Umbrellas at the rate of 3 or 4 a year.   Some 4 or 5 years ago, I splashed out on a Lexus branded umbrella as an

addition to her birthday present.  She is still using it on a regular basis today.   This is despite seeing her through some severe Scottish weather.

We know the Logo is just a stamp on a quality product,  but the product reflects the quality of the Brand name.

20210506_191759.jpg

I remember donkeys years ago when I did a lot of work in the city and a good umbrella was sign of 'well to do', I spent a fortune in some city shop (cannot recall name), and it never failed.  I failed it by leaving in a train one night, and it never got handed into lost property.

A good umbrella given the rain this month would be a real boon, but alas I manage with cheap and cheerful ones that get destroyed way too easily.

2 minutes ago, Cotswold Pete said:

I spent a fortune in some city shop

the little one at the side of the Royal Exchange .. opposite the B of E ............ with the steel windy staircase going to the upstairs workshop ?

Malc

At 6'4" and very wide (both shoulders and belly) I need a large umbrella. I paid £40 for a huge brolly from eBay. It's more than big enough and has panels that let air through to prevent being blown inside out. 

The only problem I have with umbrellas is everyone elses. I once destroyed someones umbrella after she barged into me and damned near poked my eye out with one of the points on her brolly. Apparently whatever was on her phone was more important than my eyesight. I'm please to report that I didn't touch her but I did scare the crap out of her and everyone else within earshot. Her brolly didn't survive contact with my feet. She apologised for nearly blinding me, and I offered to replace her brolly (she declined) and apologised for my foul mouth.

I never realised that residents south of the border used umbrellas.  We need them on a regular basis, but always assumed

that anywhere South of Carlisle was rain free.   

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, bobjol said:

I never realised that residents south of the border used umbrellas.  We need them on a regular basis, but always assumed

that anywhere South of Carlisle was rain free.   

We don't, only parasols. But if you need to walk near a sprinkler then they do offer some water protection too. 😉 

I received a Lexus brolly as a gift when collecting a new IS from Lexus Newcastle in 2013, it's very good quality still in excellent condition.