Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys,

I wanted to share with you a software bug I experienced when using my RX450h navigation earlier this year. Please see the attached photo. Nasty! For some reason instead of showing the map the engine charging information was shown instead. I could not remove it using the system controls. Had to turn off ignition to remove it. For background information I have updated the navigation software to the latest.

Cheers

IMG_7537.thumb.png.5c10e1f40f3ae7e7086c8aeff6ff59ea.png

Thanks for posting James but I wouldn't call it a 'software glitch'. That would suggest something wrong and repeatable, time after time.

Before retirement I used to repair computers for a living and transient 'episodes' like this are quite common. There really is a reason why anyone in the IT or tech industries usually starts off with "Have you tried turning it off and back on again?" :laughing:

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Herbie said:

There really is a reason why anyone in the IT or tech industries usually starts off with "Have you tried turning it off and back on again?" :laughing:

That is the most common and easy way to repair a lot of IT problems. Routers wait 10 seconds before starting again and internet will reappear.

Another problem with the navigation system is that when entering a desired destination, you are (we are) shown 2 - 3 possible routes. All fine, except the shortest has not been shown in any of the 4 or 5 times I tried to see how well the system does function. Yes, you will be LED to the destination (one time against the allowed direction on a one-way street) but if you know the way to where you are going (easy for us here on this micro island) then you will find out that the built-in navigation system in the CT200h Luxury Sport etc. is not worth a lot. Use it only if you cannot find your way to the destination.

image.thumb.png.a0ffdc41f6f13d8a8c0bc159467c1e1b.png

• Like 1

Another 'glitch' I have noticed on the HUD display is that occasionally when I drive from, say 30 or 40 MPH zone into a national speed limit area, the speed limit goes up to 120 MPH on my HUD, before settling down into the clearway sign eventually (but not always).

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Goodplan53 said:

Another 'glitch' I have noticed on the HUD display is that occasionally when I drive from, say 30 or 40 MPH zone into a national speed limit area, the speed limit goes up to 120 MPH on my HUD, before settling down into the clearway sign eventually (but not always).

Just on the HUD, or on the dashboard too?

• Like 1

Hi all, I don't have HUD on my RX but the dash speed limit indicator often says anything from 30 to 180 MPH speed limit on the road through the village where I live. I have mentioned it to my dealer who said it was a regular problem but there seems to be no fix. Dont take a lot of notice of it now.

Bri

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links