Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Essential care service prices

MadJam250

Hmm, you are right, it only lists MOT and parts prices now.

I am actually due to have my car serviced on Tuesday, so I will ask.  I need to check anyway since my service plan is about to come to an end.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MadJam250 said:

Thank you. In the meantime I have emailed my local dealer to enquire. 

Just follow the prompts on here in requesting an essential service and it will flag up the price depending on which one, no need to book it here just go as far as the price if that's all you need to know  Lexus Essential Care | Lexus UK

• Like 1

I have just signed up to another 3yr service plan for the Full top service option. 2 Majors and 1 intermediate with Lexus B'ham full cost £1155 over the 3 years.

I am cool with that as they do a great job and the car appears bullet proof no issues at all since we bought it. I have also renewed extended warranty although doubt I will need it. On the plus side it includes full Road side assist, mot and mot failure insurance so £495 for 2 years seemed a decent deal, considering AA equivalent is £150 per year plus and MOT say £50 means I am getting full Lexus warranty for another £45 per year.

I find they look after you better when you lock into them with taking care of everything.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shahpor said:

This sounds like a price increase is incoming....

The advantage of a service plan, it locks the current price in for the next 3 services 

Has anyone on here had an Essentials service within the last few weeks and if so, was it the same cost as normal/before? The website is still not showing a cost.

Ok, so I asked yesterday about it when I was at the dealer, and the unfortunate reply was that it was removed because Lexus UK are no longer going to be offering it! 😞

The chap from Jemca said their group was going to offer something similar called Value Servicing, but it would be a bit different with additional bolt on's and, importantly, no longer be available as a monthly plan.

This is frustrating and I can't see why Lexus would do it..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Ok, so I asked yesterday about it when I was at the dealer, and the unfortunate reply was that it was removed because Lexus UK are no longer going to be offering it! 😞

The chap from Jemca said their group was going to offer something similar called Value Servicing, but it would be a bit different with additional bolt on's and, importantly, no longer be available as a monthly plan.

This is frustrating and I can't see why Lexus would do it..

Just a reminder Gold card membership gives you up to 20% discount from "full fat" service prices which brings it in reach of Essential prices. Next, get a 0% credit card, I got 20month Virgin card to finance 3 year service plan, equivalent to £70 per month over 20 months but £38 pm over the 3 years. Regarding warranty I read today a list of hatchbacks from Warranty Wise and claim records for cars over 3 years . Lexus Ct 200 has just a 5.9% failure rate and average claim of £730 so are warranty contracts justifiable? And reading on some of the cars say Audi A3 are approaching 20%😱. Nissan Leaf tops out at 1.9% which has some interesting implications for hands-on garage staff and dealerships overall if it is followed through by all EV vehicles. 

If this is indeed a national policy/change it may be a game changer for me/others now. Part of the attraction for me was reduced servicing costs for my car which is now almost 7 years old. I can't justify, to myself, paying full price servicing so will have to take my custom elsewhere and pay for the annual hybrid health check only from now on. Or, even consider changing brands if this is the way forward (especially re the cat-theft concerns/risk and the consequential and significantly increased insurance premiums). 

This is unless, maybe, a negotiation in reduced servicing prices can be maintained or facilitated and considered as a goodwill or customer loyalty gesture.  

I've looked at servicing plans and the calculations don't add up as a financial benefit in my eyes. £1000 over 3 years is far more than I'd pay for the Essential Care servicing (2x minor services, 1x major service plus 3x MoTs = circa £750, as was).

If I too hear anymore I will feedback. 

On 5/12/2021 at 12:00 PM, MadJam250 said:

If this is indeed a national policy/change it may be a game changer for me/others now. Part of the attraction for me was reduced servicing costs for my car which is now almost 7 years old. I can't justify, to myself, paying full price servicing so will have to take my custom elsewhere and pay for the annual hybrid health check only from now on. Or, even consider changing brands if this is the way forward (especially re the cat-theft concerns/risk and the consequential and significantly increased insurance premiums). 

This is unless, maybe, a negotiation in reduced servicing prices can be maintained or facilitated and considered as a goodwill or customer loyalty gesture.  

I've looked at servicing plans and the calculations don't add up as a financial benefit in my eyes. £1000 over 3 years is far more than I'd pay for the Essential Care servicing (2x minor services, 1x major service plus 3x MoTs = circa £750, as was).

If I too hear anymore I will feedback. 

Mine is 2 Major and 1 minor for £1150, paid over 33 monthly interest free payments of £35.

The price is locked in for the 3 years, my experience is the prices go up year on year so there is a saving to be made.

Saving money by going away from the dealer still presents the issue of having the Hybrid health check to ensure the 15yr Battery warranty. This is free when  part of a Lexus service but has a cost of £60 per year if required stand alone.

The Ct is the cheapest car to service in our household by a country mile and is the only one to run faultlessly in all the time we have owned it, added to that no road tax and high MPG, it IMHO gives very low cost motoring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadJam250 said:

That figure is still more expensive than the Essential Care scheme (that was) though? 

Trouble with essential it didn't get a proper service, the only things done was basically oil and filter, hybrid Battery check and a look see to evaluate the basic condition for the age of the car. You got what you payed for, luckily with the cars build quality it was maybe enough.

In that scenario I would be tempted to do the oil and filter myself and just pay for the hybrid test.

Whereas with a proper service and warranty you know there are no hidden nasties going to come back and bite you. When I had the brakes done a lot of added bits and pieces like rusty bits and pieces on the caliper's and worn seals were all fitted foc.

Just what suits us as individuals I guess, we pays our money lol!

• 3 weeks later...

Now replaced with the new Relax servicing scheme. Servicing costs considerably more but that includes a 12m warranty thereafter up to 100k miles/10 years of age. Not so appealing to the older car owners. Disappointed. 

So, now that 10 year old Lexi, or those with a mileage exceeding 100k, are unwarrantable are owners going to pay the new Relax prices or shop around elsewhere? If everyone else with a new Lexus benefits from having the added warranty then surely those with older/higher mileage cars deserve a servicing price reduction to factor this in? If not I'd guess many will be ditching their Lexi for alternative brands if they can't afford an upgrade to newer models with less mileage to carry on with the servicing deal under Relax?