Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well, I have just had fitted 4 x Goodyear Asymmetric SUV  3's onto my RX450H and have to say that they are terrific, reducing the cabin noise considerably and feeling much more planted. I also have to say my local Halfords did a great job not only fully "sheeting" up inside but also in the boot as I was keeping two of the tyres. And yet again the Gold Card from the LOC played a blinder gaining me 15% off together with the 15% promo Halfords are running my final price netted out at £103.50 per corner 😁 including disposal etc. That's a huge saving over some prices I have seen so are to be highly recommended. Should your local Halfords say your can't have both discounts you can state I spoke to HQ at Redditch who confirmed that you can. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sounds interesting! I'll bear that in mind, even if it's for the tyres, unfitted. Gotta say around here I do worry about my locking wheel nuts, I don't think the concept of a torque wrench has quite reached Aylesbury yet.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, ciao_chao said:

Sounds interesting! I'll bear that in mind, even if it's for the tyres, unfitted. Gotta say around here I do worry about my locking wheel nuts, I don't think the concept of a torque wrench has quite reached Aylesbury yet.

Thanks, You need to check when the promo runs out? I suppose its an idea buy now but have them fitted at some future date? 

during proper Lockdown I sourced ( for the Honda Legend, just just legal treads )  2 x Falkens from my local Halfords AND they were price matched DOWN to another local supplier's price

Took them an age to do the tyre change tho' .......  they weren't on strike just vveeeeerrryyy slow

Malc

I have a 2015 Toyota Auris Hybrid estate and needed new tyres as old tyres were worn and original. Covered 33,500miles. Continental Eco 6's.

Looked for and decided on Goodyear efficient grip performance 2 and had a quote from Toyota main dealer. Price £314 for all 4 fitted and tyre size of 205/55/16. Went with dealer as at least if issues with TPMS or fitter damages the alloy, then got comeback.

Had them fitted and certainly more quiet and less harsh over bumps/pot holes. A good purchase. See how long they last!

James👍

• Like 4

15 hours ago, talaipwros said:

speaking of Halfords, has anyone used their "windscreen repair" service?

I wouldn't even let Halfords wash the screen, let alone repair it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Well, I have just had fitted 4 x Goodyear Asymmetric SUV  3's onto my RX450H...

5 minutes ago, Herbie said:

I wouldn't even let Halfords wash the screen, let alone repair it.

Have to say I have the same opinion of the Halfords around me. Looks like Phil has a good one.

7 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Have to say I have the same opinion of the Halfords around me. Looks like Phil has a good one.

Yet again Richard it just goes to show how a consistency for recommendations remains problematical. But I guess we can only state things as we experience them at the time 👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Exactly. My Halfords couldn't even manage to work out the 15%.

I believe that's in keeping with 90% of the population the other 15% can't add up 😂

• Haha 1