Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, looking for some advice on an LS430 which has 3 warning lights on. It has Check VSC, TRC Off and an engine warning light.

The car is in pretty good nick other than that.  It has 203k miles and an LPG conversion.

Can anyone help me by confirming:

1.  What are those warning lights telling me?

2.  Are they interrelated?

3.  Is the engine warning light likely to be associated with the LPG conversion? i.e. Is it common to have an engine warning light as a result of the LPG conversion?

Any advice gratefully received. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Spike Jepson said:

Hi, looking for some advice on an LS430 which has 3 warning lights on. It has Check VSC, TRC Off and an engine warning light.

The car is in pretty good nick other than that.  It has 203k miles and an LPG conversion.

Can anyone help me by confirming:

1.  What are those warning lights telling me?

2.  Are they interrelated?

3.  Is the engine warning light likely to be associated with the LPG conversion? i.e. Is it common to have an engine warning light as a result of the LPG conversion?

Any advice gratefully received. Thanks.

I believe they are related and check VSC (vehicle stability control) can come on for various reasons.  Probably the most common is an O2 sensor. Best to get it scanned for a code otherwise you're be just guessing.

I had an issue with the check vsc and engine management light on my Ls430, and it turned out to be the yaw sensor.

I would however echo the the thoughts of the-Acre in the previous post, it could well be the 02 sensor or linked to the LPG system also as you suggested (I had a similar issue in a previously converted lpg ls400). You really do need to get it scanned by someone that will know what the codes mean (IE an understanding of Lexus!)

For some reason in these cars, when the check engine light is triggered, the traction control is disabled too. No idea why but of course it freaks people out because they think there are many problems. 

I had the same issue and it was just an O2 sensor. Best bet would be to scan the car for codes to see what's causing it. If the car seems to be running OK, it's probably something simple. O2 sensors are common on these. 

FYI, if it is an O2 sensor get the equivilent Denso one instead of OEM. Lexus use Denso, but buying direct is cheaper. That's what I did and it worked just fine. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links