Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Navigation

I know people are going to say the navigation on the is300h is rubbish, but I like to keep things up to date.

I have a 2015 advance and when I go to my Lexus, and look at the screen images, I cannot identify the one fitted. Mine has the 3d effect with the options in a circle.

It isnt the premium system and has the round dials, so not sure if updateable outside of the main dealer.

I had mine updated when I bought it as it was out of date, it was done free as the car was pre reg.

It is not the premium Sat Nav & the dealer told me it is a main dealer update system only.

I guess yours is probably the same.

• 5 months later...

An old thread, but I like to reply.

ColinBarber mentioned the “third party supplier” and for the Lexus non-premium nav (which I have too in my IS300h) I found a map update at Satnavishop, this one:

https://www.satnavishop.co.uk/lexus-toyota-15cy-gen9-sat-nav-map-update-usb-europe-2021-2022-711-p.asp

But to be honest: I have a little doubt about this product.  How can they sell a genuine Lexus map update, where Lexus charges £ 190, for only £ 60.  There’s a caveat I’m afraid.

Does anyone has an experience with these map updates?

31 minutes ago, John Nooij said:

An old thread, but I like to reply.

ColinBarber mentioned the “third party supplier” and for the Lexus non-premium nav (which I have too in my IS300h) I found a map update at Satnavishop, this one:

https://www.satnavishop.co.uk/lexus-toyota-15cy-gen9-sat-nav-map-update-usb-europe-2021-2022-711-p.asp

But to be honest: I have a little doubt about this product.  How can they sell a genuine Lexus map update, where Lexus charges £ 190, for only £ 60.  There’s a caveat I’m afraid.

Does anyone has an experience with these map updates?

I updated my SD card with them, no problems at all.

3 hours ago, Moleman said:

I updated my SD card with them, no problems at all.

And you are sure your new installed map has updated roads, and it’s not only the year notification in the menu that’s been updated?  I’m sorry, but I don't trust that low price (30% of the original price).  But maybe my suspicions are unfounded.

Hi,

Don't get too excited.

The pre facelift standard SatNav doesn't have an SD card. As far as I know it is main dealer update only, via USB and the potential to brick the SanNav if you do it wrong yourself.

Is it worth it?

Paul

34 minutes ago, John Nooij said:

And you are sure your new installed map has updated roads, and it’s not only the year notification in the menu that’s been updated?  I’m sorry, but I don't trust that low price (30% of the original price).  But maybe my suspicions are unfounded.

Yes, new roads that was why I updated. The SD card they supply works.

1 hour ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

The pre facelift standard SatNav doesn't have an SD card. As far as I know it is main dealer update only, via USB and the potential to brick the SanNav if you do it wrong yourself.

The standard (non-premium) nav doesn't have an SD card indeed.  But in the navi menu there is an "Map update" menu item which, when selected, askes you to plug in an USB stick with the map update.  That doesn't look like a dealer update only.  So, if you have a genuine map on an USB stick this should work I guess.  Never tried it anyway.  Original Lexus map too expensive, the cheap Satnavishop version a bit risky in my opinion.