Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fully connected car Android auto works very well. Since i bought the car I've started using Spotify via my mobile phone to play music. What im struggling to understand is sometimes it wont play it says spotify is offline. I can park up start another journey and presto its working. Ive tried everything but sometimes i just cant get it to play. I connect via a cable to phone from the USB port in armrest. Any ideas anyone.

Hi Brent.

Spotify being reported as "offline" would normally suggest that your mobile phone has (temporarily) lost connectivity to the internet, maybe due to poor network coverage at that specific location - please note that Android Auto running on your car's infotainment system is merely mirroring what's running on your phone.

When you get this issue, have you checked your phone's network connection to see whether it is "online" (i.e. make a call or use another app)? It could be due to a problem with the phone or your network provider.

Another thing you could try is to use a different USB cable to connect the phone to the car.

Edit: just to add that the issue could be due to the Spotify app installed on your phone. Maybe uninstall it and re-install or at least clear the cache for it.

Another option would be to download an album from Spotify to your phone (assuming you have the required Spotify account privileges to do this). Then play that album in your car via AA and see if you still get the "offline" issues. In theory, playing Spotify music stored on your phone shouldn't need any internet so that could possibly prove or disprove the poor network coverage theory.

11 hours ago, Andy B said:

Hi Brent.

Spotify being reported as "offline" would normally suggest that your mobile phone has (temporarily) lost connectivity to the internet, maybe due to poor network coverage at that specific location - please note that Android Auto running on your car's infotainment system is merely mirroring what's running on your phone.

When you get this issue, have you checked your phone's network connection to see whether it is "online" (i.e. make a call or use another app)? It could be due to a problem with the phone or your network provider.

Another thing you could try is to use a different USB cable to connect the phone to the car.

Edit: just to add that the issue could be due to the Spotify app installed on your phone. Maybe uninstall it and re-install or at least clear the cache for it.

Thanks for this Andy. Yes i had already tried this when previously it said offline. My mob is a oneplus and its a great mob. saying that I have discovered that sometimes it switches mobile data off when I'm not using Spotify or anything else say moving location it must think its connected to wifi at home. I simply go to mobile data on settings and switch it back on. I don't think its the USB cable at fault. I'm new to Spotify have the free version wondering if I cleared the cache would it remove my liked songs. Thanks for your input.

No problem Brent.

Yes, I think that deleting the app's cache may clear all your settings - including your liked songs.

Sorry that I can't be more helpful.

On 5/12/2021 at 8:09 AM, Andy B said:

No problem Brent.

Yes, I think that deleting the app's cache may clear all your settings - including your liked songs.

Sorry that I can't be more helpful.

Thanks again Andy. Got in yesterday and couldn't get on  it appears Spotify isn't working. Anyhow the wife went to the supermarket knowing id have a bit of time stayed in vehicle i took your advice and played with the phone. Also the infotainment head unit and i got it going i ensured the car recognized the phone it did then i changed some settings on the phone presto I'm ok. Be interesting to see when i getting tomorrow if it works. Once again thank you for your input.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links