Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300h 12v aux battery back in stock, apparently

• 2 weeks later...

Update. This arrived 2 days later and is now fitted. Lexus Bristol are still saying they're still on back order for them and surprised I sourced it myself from Lexus Direct.

Question 1: I've a CTEK trickle charger and the comfort connector attached to the 12v Battery. Will the Battery benefit from a charge now?

Question 2: the car is off road but unsecure. Planning to charge via the boot, any recommendations for leaving car as secure as possible?

Thanks

8 hours ago, Bootleg said:

Update. This arrived 2 days later and is now fitted. Lexus Bristol are still saying they're still on back order for them and surprised I sourced it myself from Lexus Direct.

Question 1: I've a CTEK trickle charger and the comfort connector attached to the 12v battery. Will the battery benefit from a charge now?

According to my CTEK it can be left connected without any risk of overcharging.  The charger does do a voltage check and indicates the percentage of charge, although how it does that may vary with the model of charger.

Mine also has a conditioning function but I have yet to use that.  Do you have a manual for it?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LenT said:

According to my CTEK it can be left connected without any risk of overcharging.  The charger does do a voltage check and indicates the percentage of charge, although how it does that may vary with the model of charger.

Mine also has a conditioning function but I have yet to use that.  Do you have a manual for it?

Thanks.

I guess there's no harm, just wondering if new batteries need it.

I've got the whole kit and manual. It's an AGM Battery and I don't believe conditioning cycles make any difference. 

1 hour ago, Bootleg said:

I guess there's no harm, just wondering if new batteries need it.

I've got the whole kit and manual. It's an AGM battery and I don't believe conditioning cycles make any difference. 

If it’s a new Battery, then you’re probably right!  Actually I’ve just replaced the ‘comfort’ lead with the ‘indicator’ version.  This has a traffic light LED system that claims to give an ongoing indication of the Battery charge level - although you have to let the Battery stabilise after switching off to get an accurate indication. So at least you can keep a check on it.

The one I have is a MXS 5.0 Test & Charge which, it claims, is OK for AGM batteries - which I don’t have.  So I can’t comment on conditioning cycle.  Mind you, I haven’t used that yet either.

The other info I’ve gleaned about AGM batteries is that they don’t like being overcharged (Well, who does?)  And the CTEK does claim to have built-in protection against that eventuality.

But if your manual isn’t clear on anything, the website ctek.com seems to have more tech info and offers ‘customer support’.

I hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links