Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Ordered and waiting for our new ES300h


Recommended Posts

Have had quite a mix of manufacturers/car types in the family (a few Hondas, a Ford F150, Jaguar XF, an old 280S, Chevrolet Malibu and Blazer and a Tesla S). This is our first Lexus. Put in the order yesterday. Should be receiving it sometime in June. Useful info on the site so far. Hope I can contribute.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you!

I'm also an obsessive compulsive detailer OCD 😀. Which you can see in my profile pic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome! Congratulations!

Good friend of mine put an order last week for ES as well Which trim did you go for?

He test drove F-sport and hate it, he said the suspension was really crushy, noisy and harsh so he went for normal suspension. He really liked interior quality though and connection between the engine and gearbox, very smooth!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Welcome! Congratulations!

Good friend of mine put an order last week for ES as well Which trim did you go for?

He test drove F-sport and hate it, he said the suspension was really crushy, noisy and harsh so he went for normal suspension. He really liked interior quality though and connection between the engine and gearbox, very smooth!

Congratulations Vlady upon your appointment as the Lexus Representative for S.W. Scotland.😊😊

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome!

I hope you find your ES the quietest and most relaxing ride of all previous cars!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Welcome to the forums!

 

What car is shown in your thumbnail?

Thank you.

That's my old 2 door Accord when I was stateside.

Sugarhouse Park 2.JPG

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vlady said:

Welcome! Congratulations!

Good friend of mine put an order last week for ES as well Which trim did you go for?

He test drove F-sport and hate it, he said the suspension was really crushy, noisy and harsh so he went for normal suspension. He really liked interior quality though and connection between the engine and gearbox, very smooth!

Went for the Premium edition. Even the 18" wheels are a bit of a compromise on ride quality. I would image in the 17" would be better, but they do look smallish for the wheel arch size/car size.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, -Error- said:

Welcome!

I hope you find your ES the quietest and most relaxing ride of all previous cars!

Thanks. That's why I chose it. Very quiet and relaxed, especially on B roads. Road noise is inevitable though on some of the motorways around here (very rough surfaces). Asked them to put cross climate plus tyres on it, slightly softer compound compared to the Dunlops it comes with, so that should help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, peniole said:

That's my old 2 door Accord when I was stateside.

Sugarhouse Park 2.JPG

Welcome to Lexus world.

Your old car looks new compared to what we had while still living in Denmark

image.thumb.png.42a0ccfcf66016c6ed601a642e3711ad.png

Fine cars.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just ordered The rubber front floor mats. Some of the online prices are exorbitant! Called Inchcape Lexus in Guilford, they quoted be 74 before tax and shipping (92.70 all in). Still high for rubber mats, and only the front set, but compared to even their own online price, it was the best I found. Apparently Lexus do not make rear rubber mats 🤷‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Las Palmas said:

Your old car looks new compared to what we had while still living in Denmark

image.thumb.png.42a0ccfcf66016c6ed601a642e3711ad.png

Fine cars.

Very fine. Mine was an '05 with the 2.4L and a manual transmission. One of only two cars I've ever regretted selling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peniole said:

Very fine. Mine was an '05 with the 2.4L and a manual transmission. One of only two cars I've ever regretted selling.

The one we had was a 1997 automatic. Not sure bout engine size, but faster than the CT200h. And more thirsty. It is a fine car.

The ones we are missing: Nissan ZX280 and Smart Roadster Coupé.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, peniole said:

Went for the Premium edition. Even the 18" wheels are a bit of a compromise on ride quality. I would image in the 17" would be better, but they do look smallish for the wheel arch size/car size.

Friend of mine asked if they can put on a 17" wheels on the car (for additional price, like a winter wheels set) and sale guy said ES do not come (may be for UK market) with 17inch and suggested internet to find a set of 17" wheels!

But the ride would be much softer on smaller wheels.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, peniole said:

Just ordered The rubber front floor mats. Some of the online prices are exorbitant! Called Inchcape Lexus in Guilford, they quoted be 74 before tax and shipping (92.70 all in). Still high for rubber mats, and only the front set, but compared to even their own online price, it was the best I found. Apparently Lexus do not make rear rubber mats 🤷‍♂️

Have you tried carmats4u.com? I bought 2 sets of mats from them, one for GS and one for my wife's BMW, decent price and very good quality!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Friend of mine asked if they can put on a 17" wheels on the car (for additional price, like a winter wheels set) and sale guy said ES do not come (may be for UK market) with 17inch and suggested internet to find a set of 17" wheels!

But the ride would be much softer on smaller wheels.

Seems a bit silly Vlad if Lexus advise a customer to seek to fit non standard wheels. Make sure your pal doen`t do anything on the strength of what he has been told, lest he falls foulf of his Insurance Company.

You are quite right, smaller wheels produce a softer ride and they generate less noise too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Seems a bit silly Vlad if Lexus advise a customer to seek to fit non standard wheels. Make sure your pal doen`t do anything on the strength of what he has been told, lest he falls foulf of his Insurance Company.

You are quite right, smaller wheels produce a softer ride and they generate less noise too. 

John, I am just passing a message here, search on internet this is what he has been told by sales guy. I never looked into ES wheels so not sure if they used to come with 17" wheels, I guess on some other markets around the world they should be using this size on cheaper versions, may be this is UK that do not have 17" on ES, I do not really care tbh. The car was on Dunlop tyres, I think friend of mine will put on CrossClimates at some point which will make car quiter and softer. He likes his comfort, for the last 5 years he drives Saab 9000 from 1997 on 15" wheels if I am not mistaken! 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership