Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ordered and waiting for our new ES300h

peniole

Have had quite a mix of manufacturers/car types in the family (a few Hondas, a Ford F150, Jaguar XF, an old 280S, Chevrolet Malibu and Blazer and a Tesla S). This is our first Lexus. Put in the order yesterday. Should be receiving it sometime in June. Useful info on the site so far. Hope I can contribute.

Welcome! Congratulations!

Good friend of mine put an order last week for ES as well Which trim did you go for?

He test drove F-sport and hate it, he said the suspension was really crushy, noisy and harsh so he went for normal suspension. He really liked interior quality though and connection between the engine and gearbox, very smooth!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Good friend of mine put an order last week for ES as well Which trim did you go for?

He test drove F-sport and hate it, he said the suspension was really crushy, noisy and harsh so he went for normal suspension. He really liked interior quality though and connection between the engine and gearbox, very smooth!

Congratulations Vlady upon your appointment as the Lexus Representative for S.W. Scotland.😊😊

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Welcome to the forums!

What car is shown in your thumbnail?

Thank you.

That's my old 2 door Accord when I was stateside.

Sugarhouse Park 2.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vlady said:

Went for the Premium edition. Even the 18" wheels are a bit of a compromise on ride quality. I would image in the 17" would be better, but they do look smallish for the wheel arch size/car size.

56 minutes ago, -Error- said:

Welcome!

I hope you find your ES the quietest and most relaxing ride of all previous cars!

Thanks. That's why I chose it. Very quiet and relaxed, especially on B roads. Road noise is inevitable though on some of the motorways around here (very rough surfaces). Asked them to put cross climate plus tyres on it, slightly softer compound compared to the Dunlops it comes with, so that should help.

13 minutes ago, peniole said:

That's my old 2 door Accord when I was stateside.

Sugarhouse Park 2.JPG

Welcome to Lexus world.

Your old car looks new compared to what we had while still living in Denmark

image.thumb.png.42a0ccfcf66016c6ed601a642e3711ad.png

Fine cars.

Just ordered The rubber front floor mats. Some of the online prices are exorbitant! Called Inchcape Lexus in Guilford, they quoted be 74 before tax and shipping (92.70 all in). Still high for rubber mats, and only the front set, but compared to even their own online price, it was the best I found. Apparently Lexus do not make rear rubber mats 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Las Palmas said:

Your old car looks new compared to what we had while still living in Denmark

image.thumb.png.42a0ccfcf66016c6ed601a642e3711ad.png

Fine cars.

Very fine. Mine was an '05 with the 2.4L and a manual transmission. One of only two cars I've ever regretted selling.

1 hour ago, peniole said:

Very fine. Mine was an '05 with the 2.4L and a manual transmission. One of only two cars I've ever regretted selling.

The one we had was a 1997 automatic. Not sure bout engine size, but faster than the CT200h. And more thirsty. It is a fine car.

The ones we are missing: Nissan ZX280 and Smart Roadster Coupé.

23 hours ago, peniole said:

Went for the Premium edition. Even the 18" wheels are a bit of a compromise on ride quality. I would image in the 17" would be better, but they do look smallish for the wheel arch size/car size.

Friend of mine asked if they can put on a 17" wheels on the car (for additional price, like a winter wheels set) and sale guy said ES do not come (may be for UK market) with 17inch and suggested internet to find a set of 17" wheels!

But the ride would be much softer on smaller wheels.

23 hours ago, peniole said:

Just ordered The rubber front floor mats. Some of the online prices are exorbitant! Called Inchcape Lexus in Guilford, they quoted be 74 before tax and shipping (92.70 all in). Still high for rubber mats, and only the front set, but compared to even their own online price, it was the best I found. Apparently Lexus do not make rear rubber mats 🤷‍♂️

Have you tried carmats4u.com? I bought 2 sets of mats from them, one for GS and one for my wife's BMW, decent price and very good quality!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Friend of mine asked if they can put on a 17" wheels on the car (for additional price, like a winter wheels set) and sale guy said ES do not come (may be for UK market) with 17inch and suggested internet to find a set of 17" wheels!

But the ride would be much softer on smaller wheels.

Seems a bit silly Vlad if Lexus advise a customer to seek to fit non standard wheels. Make sure your pal doen`t do anything on the strength of what he has been told, lest he falls foulf of his Insurance Company.

You are quite right, smaller wheels produce a softer ride and they generate less noise too. 

20 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Seems a bit silly Vlad if Lexus advise a customer to seek to fit non standard wheels. Make sure your pal doen`t do anything on the strength of what he has been told, lest he falls foulf of his Insurance Company.

You are quite right, smaller wheels produce a softer ride and they generate less noise too. 

John, I am just passing a message here, search on internet this is what he has been told by sales guy. I never looked into ES wheels so not sure if they used to come with 17" wheels, I guess on some other markets around the world they should be using this size on cheaper versions, may be this is UK that do not have 17" on ES, I do not really care tbh. The car was on Dunlop tyres, I think friend of mine will put on CrossClimates at some point which will make car quiter and softer. He likes his comfort, for the last 5 years he drives Saab 9000 from 1997 on 15" wheels if I am not mistaken! 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Received with 9miles on the odo. Near perfect dealer prep from Lexus Preston.

Relaxing drive as promised. Inputting addresses into satnav also sucks as promised. Trying to do it on Lexus link/my lexus online forces saving of a route rather than a favourite/POI which is not what I was looking for. The connected services give away too much information including telematics on how you drive. Did not agree to that invasion of privacy.

I now have a set of Dunlop Sport maxx 050 OEM 235 45 R18 94Y tyres stored at the dealer. Does anyone know of someone looking for an OEM set. Dealer is limited as to who they can sell to, so I'm asking as well.

Will get pictures on here of the car once I've finished my own prep.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, peniole said:

Received with 9miles on the odo. Near perfect dealer prep from Lexus Preston.

Relaxing drive as promised. Inputting addresses into satnav also sucks as promised. Trying to do it on Lexus link/my lexus online forces saving of a route rather than a favourite/POI which is not what I was looking for. The connected services give away too much information including telematics on how you drive. Did not agree to that invasion of privacy.

I now have a set of Dunlop Sport maxx 050 OEM 235 45 R18 94Y tyres stored at the dealer. Does anyone know of someone looking for an OEM set. Dealer is limited as to who they can sell to, so I'm asking as well.

Will get pictures on here of the car once I've finished my own prep.

Excellent news (well, mostly). I, too, live in Preston so it's good to know that our dealer is a good 'un :thumbsup:

As for the navigation, it's long been the Achilles' Heel of the Lexus brand but surely it should either come with Android Auto/Apple Carplay or just need a software update to allow its use? You can then use any far superior mapping/navigation app of your choice.

Most interesting point Peniole made about the connected services giving too much info such as telematics. I've never been in a car with the android auto/apple carplay until Thursday when I was in a brand new merc van. It had this treachery stuff on. I was looking for where to plumb my phone in so as to play Spotify 

I ended up pairing via Bluetooth but when asked to connect to android auto I thought eh up that's neat until in the process stuff like telematics and similar spying stuff I soon cancelled that and just used Bluetooth to stream music.

Oh and a point about a softer ride on smaller wheels. The mondeo cars I had ran 19's and the ride was as smooth as any of the Lexus's I've had. Just a pointer.

Enjoy your ES they look a really nice car.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

I ended up pairing via Bluetooth but when asked to connect to android auto I thought eh up that's neat until in the process stuff like telematics and similar spying stuff I soon cancelled that

What "telematics" from Android Auto?

Speed of vehicle, location, period of driving, period of being stationary just to name a few.

Hope that answers your query Herbie.

I dislike being spied on. Too much of it going on. 

For example I only have location on on my phone when I use Google maps.

Oh as about Google maps. To show its a spy gizmo. I'm sick of getting 'notifications' on   How was so n so's tool shop? Fact is I wasn't at so n so's tool shop.  Just a true example. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

Speed of vehicle, location, period of driving, period of being stationary just to name a few.

Hope that answers your query Herbie.

Which app(s) are asking for or showing this info and are you sure that the app is reporting these things to someone or something 'out there' in a sinister sort of way, or is the app just giving you the information, in which case it's perfectly harmless?

I recently installed a tracker in my car in case it's ever stolen and, of course, that very information is exactly what it needs to report to me.

Unless your parents didn't register your birth and you've never appeared on any official database whatsoever (never been to school, never been to hospital/GP etc), I'm afraid that any attempt at privacy now is just futile. You're already well and truly 'on the books' as it were.

17 hours ago, Herbie said:

Excellent news (well, mostly). I, too, live in Preston so it's good to know that our dealer is a good 'un :thumbsup:

As for the navigation, it's long been the Achilles' Heel of the Lexus brand but surely it should either come with Android Auto/Apple Carplay or just need a software update to allow its use? You can then use any far superior mapping/navigation app of your choice.

It does come with AA/CP, neither choice is particularly appealing to me. Especially as using a connected phone has two caveats. One, I know AA has the same privacy invading malarchy as described above, haven't read the CP terms but then again I don't have an apple product. Two, using one USB port disables the second port being read by the car's audio system. I don't have enough space on my phone even with an extension microSD to hold my whole collection, especially not in FLAC, which our cars can read.

The 10 speaker pioneer system sounds pretty good. It's no ML system, but far superior than most. Plus the car is quiet enough that there's a small chance one might hear the difference between FLAC and well encoded MP3. Haven't tested that theory out yet.