Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

HID Lights Upgrade

Which lights do you currently have on the car?

To upgrade to HiDs, legally ,may involve lots of work and expense.

Simply putting HiD lamps in light units designed for halogen will be an MoT failure, never mind inconsiderate to other road users.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

... MoT failure, never mind inconsiderate to other road users.

Not to mention most of "fake" HID don't even provide any major improvement over halogens, simply because the lenses are not designed with HID in mind. Meaning all the extra brightness goes into blinding other road users and illuminating sky... with little to no light actually going when it matters.

If you have halogens, then check out Osram Nightbreakers. If you already have HID from factory and just need better bulbs (OEM are rather weak), then again look for Osram Nighbreakers - preferably 6000k colour.

• Like 1

I've ordered some  new Osram's from my regular supplier ABD.co.uk, they advertised a HID kit that seems to be worth a punt in the IS250, i thought about gathering  a few opinions before  deciding

40 minutes ago, ahmed-abrar said:

I've ordered some  new Osram's from my regular supplier ABD.co.uk, they advertised a HID kit that seems to be worth a punt in the IS250, i thought about gathering  a few opinions before  deciding.

I changed the HiD bulbs that were OEM fittings in my IS250 Premier to the new Osram Night Breaker Laser Xenarc, also bought from ABD, and am very happy with the improved performance.  Mine are D4S fittings and I suspect different from yours.  I also discovered that I only needed one bulb per lamp!

Previously I had a Honda Accord and when I bought the Lexus there were occasions when driving on dipped beam, especially, that I would flick the lights on and off just to check that they were really on, such was the contrast with the Honda’s lamps.

Now I would say that the Lexus lighting is actually superior to that which I enjoyed in the Honda.

Mind you, I’m a bit puzzled that you say you have ‘already ordered some new Osrams’.  What bulbs have you already ordered?

You might be better off installing Vland headlights... the light output improved immensely without bothering other drivers as they are proper headlights designed for the purpose.

IMG_7505.thumb.JPG.31721c52620a6cbd421cd43d5acac574.JPG

21 hours ago, LenT said:

I changed the HiD bulbs that were OEM fittings in my IS250 Premier to the new Osram Night Breaker Laser Xenarc, also bought from ABD, and am very happy with the improved performance.  Mine are D4S fittings and I suspect different from yours.  I also discovered that I only needed one bulb per lamp!

Previously I had a Honda Accord and when I bought the Lexus there were occasions when driving on dipped beam, especially, that I would flick the lights on and off just to check that they were really on, such was the contrast with the Honda’s lamps.

Now I would say that the Lexus lighting is actually superior to that which I enjoyed in the Honda.

Mind you, I’m a bit puzzled that you say you have ‘already ordered some new Osrams’.  What bulbs have you already ordered?

I've gone for a set of night breaker silver which they have on promo currently

• Like 1

4 hours ago, H3XME said:

You might be better off installing Vland headlights... the light output improved immensely without bothering other drivers as they are proper headlights designed for the purpose.

IMG_7505.thumb.JPG.31721c52620a6cbd421cd43d5acac574.JPG

true, I've got the rears already fitted  but the price of the fronts is not in my budget

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links