Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member - 2008 Lexus IS250

sweeno69

Hi All,

Just bought a 2008 Lexus IS250. This forum was a fantastic source of information during my search.

There are some really useful posts on here, so thank you! 

In the past week I have had the headlights refurbished, aircon re-gassed, full valet, new front brake pads, new N/S/F brake caliper.

Car is driving great now - it could do with a new set of (proper) tyres as there is a budget set on it now. 

I did have one question. I am based in Ireland and the car is an original Irish car. I'm trying to figure out what trim level the car is. 

When I add the reg into a car check type website (or even our online car tax system) it is coming up as Lexus IS250 Executive. 

Tried looking on Parkers (link below) and I see no reference to "Executive" spec. 

https://www.parkers.co.uk/lexus/is/saloon-2005/specs/

Any ideas how to confirm this? 

Welcome to the Forum. I cannot answer your question about the trim level but I would like to ask you if you found the car on Carzone website or on which website was it advertised?

Thank you

Bought privately from a guy on Adverts.ie

There really is a shortage of these cars available for sale in Ireland (I counted only eleven 2007+ examples as of last week nationwide).

Mine has everything I wanted - heated, cooled, memory seats, rear sunshade etc. However, it does not have the Mark Levinson radio, which is a shame. 

My IS250 had a sticker with the model reference above the tyre pressure recommendations on the bit where the driver's door closes.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the LOC.

The ML sound systems seem to have reliability problems compared with other available system such as Pioneer so you’re probably better off without.

Cheers for the welcome!

The comment above about reliability issues with the ML stereo makes me feel a little better 🙂

I had a look inside the drivers door above the tyre pressure recommendations, but sadly I didn't see anything related to the trim. 

20210511_194015.jpg

Hi paul i have a 2010 IS250 with all the toys including rear sunvisor but with no mark levinson stereo and my model is an SEL. I think only SELs came with the rear sunblind as standard. My door sticker also confirms my model as an SEL hope this helps

1 hour ago, sweeno69 said:

Cheers for the welcome!

The comment above about reliability issues with the ML stereo makes me feel a little better 🙂

I had a look inside the drivers door above the tyre pressure recommendations, but sadly I didn't see anything related to the trim. 

20210511_194015.jpg

Welcome to the forum, as previously mentioned, there should be a sticker drivers side above the door catch, pic attached of mine. 

IMG_20210511_211650.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bongo said:

Welcome to the forum, as previously mentioned, there should be a sticker drivers side above the door catch, pic attached of mine. 

IMG_20210511_211650.jpg

That's the bunny!

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the club.

My understanding is that cars originally supplied to the Irish market did not mirror the model lineup available in the UK. The cars on sale here were spec'd by Lexus Ireland and sourced directly from Japan. 

With regard to the Mark Levinson sound system, while it does sound terrific, I would agree that it can be problematic. I had an IS250 SE-L, 2006, with ML and the American made amp failed.  Luckily I sourced a replacement from eBay.

Best of luck with the new car.

Dec.

Sent an email to Lexus Ireland this morning to ask about the spec.

"Executive" spec is the correct trim level for the car. See brochure attached. 

Looks like the original owner added the optional "Premium Pack" also (incl electric rear sunshade). 

The Lexus rep also mentioned two outstanding recalls on the car - passenger side front airbag and fuel sensor.

Must say, the speed and quality of the response from customer service guy was fantastic! 

Pages from IS brochure 2007.10.pdf