Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus SC 430 mirror power restoration question

ThomasLexus94

Hey everyone,

I have a question with regards to my passenger side mirror. It seems to have lost power as it no longer folds in, doesn't dim or adjust.

I have had a look on YouTube and FB to try find an answer, however most of the content relates to the LS430 and the folding feature.

Has anyone had a similar issue/ know of a solution?

Thanks in advance, Thomas 🙂 

Hi. I had similar problem with my passenger side mirror. I was told to spray workings behind the mirror with WD40. I did this and it worked and still is working.

(I left mine to soak for a day before trying )

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 5/13/2021 at 10:31 AM, Alan E said:

Hi. I had similar problem with my passenger side mirror. I was told to spray workings behind the mirror with WD40. I did this and it worked and still is working.

(I left mine to soak for a day before trying )

Thank you!

• 3 months later...

My driver's side was reluctant to fold. I helped it manually, then sprayed with white graphite grease (use for door locks too.. stays on. Reports have said that wd40 works quicker, but dries to a goo). It worked fine after just a couple of minutes. the adjustment on both were slow, so went through wide adjustments on both, which are now working as expected.

Ged

Last week my ns mirror stopped dipping down when reverse was selected but with some adjusting in every direction to full extent it sprang back to life! 👍

Looks like a possible cure has been found for these mirror problems, although it may be only a temporary fix. 🤞

Ant

• Like 1