Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Just Bought the Soarer 1994

SEJOZIOM

Looks super clean! Nice car. Shame there isn't anything much you can do in terms of power on these (other than getting a turbo-kit for 2JZ-GE but these engine aren't as strong as GTE engines so don't take boost very well stock), but if you're not fussed about that, happy days! Love the colour.

• Like 1

Hi Peter and welcome to the best Lexus forum there is. And wow what a great looker you've got. What made you want and get one?

Hi. I always wanted a classic Lexus. I've seen this advert near my place and I thought myself I got to see it. 

There was a few scratches nothing major. Underneath was mint. I mean zero rust. Inside like new. It's been imported a while ago but only done 5k since then and It's been kept in a dry storage

The engine sounded so sweet. It might need power steeting pump or belt coz it's a bit squicky. 

I wasn't sure about the alloys but who cares i had to have it lol. 

12 hours ago, H3XME said:

Looks super clean! Nice car. Shame there isn't anything much you can do in terms of power on these (other than getting a turbo-kit for 2JZ-GE but these engine aren't as strong as GTE engines so don't take boost very well stock), but if you're not fussed about that, happy days! Love the colour.

I was under the impression that there is very little difference aside the obvious turbo setup, between the 2J Turbo block and the 2J NA block, hence why the 2JZ NA-T conversion is so popular stateside. Nice car in white, does it have the black interior?

Hi no. It's a beige interior. I was reading a lots of post about NA-T and they all said that non turbo can handle up to 350hp on stock engine. GTE can take much more of course

It's a stronger engine. Im not going to do any mods just now just enjoy the car

Oh right, my mistake, I thought there were only minor bare block differences and the crank/rods were all the same. Like the Griffin badge on white. We had a 1JZ Z30 in the family years ago, they are built like an absolute tank and can move for their weight, I bet you will have a similar experience. Enjoy 🙂