Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2006 GS450H Rear Caliper Replacement

ZXSpectrum

Can anyone point me in the direction on a non oem part for these? 

Looks like both calipers on the rear are seized, one a lot more than the other and it has caused damage and corrosion to the disk. So i have ordered some new disks and pads but i am struggling a little with replacement calipers. Eurocarparts seem to have padgid ones for £181 including £48 surcharge. Is this about what i am looking at?

Thanks in advanced for your help 🙂

There is a core charge but even losing that, adding shipping and VAT these work out cheaper plus delivery is usually just a few days.

Or UK Bigg Red will refurb the old units for you.

5E6A8F9C-2D66-4E4C-809D-E23FC62C9721.png

2F47D44D-C136-4B3C-9CED-F2FB67DF5A3E.png

Thanks Steve, Which one of those would you recommend?

Edit: From Rockauto. I unfortunately do not have the facility to take them off and get them refurbished. 

I was thinking these:

OWER STOP L3313 OE Stock Replacement; Reman Info One of our most popular parts
Rear Left

Part image  
£36.11 £17.06 £53.17  

POWER STOP L3312 OE Stock Replacement; Reman Info One of our most popular parts
Rear Right

Part image  
£36.11 £17.06 £53.17  

Although they dont say they come with the bracket it looks like they do if the pic is accurate. 

you can get pistons and seal rebuilt kits from Lexus and 3rd parties if you wanted to do it yourself.

https://lexus.7zap.com/en/eu/lexus+gs/334510/gws191r-bexqhw/2/4707/476476b/#47731B

Original parts from your dealer, or 3rd party parts from autodoc.co.uk or Rockauto.

Not sure this will fix your fault code - you should really get the code read. But if the brakes aren't working correctly then you need to sort them out anyway.

Try probably became seized due to lack of use - you need to apply your brakes hard every now and then on a hybrid otherwise the mechanical rear brakes don't get used.

Thanks for your input Colin.

Unfortunately i am unable to give it a go myself as my drive is sloped and i need to use the car (however poorly) to get to work, which is only 6 miles from my house.

I have just borrowed an older laptop so i can install Windows 7 32Bit to get the Techstream software and the cable firmware to work. I will be sorting this tomorrow and doing a full diagnostic at the weekend.

I can pull the Battery for a couple of minutes and the car drives fine for a short while. Once i apply the brakes for a little while, when i pull off i can feel like something is stuck at the rear of the car for a short while then the error comes on. I am hoping that because the callipers are seized and the pad gets stuck and it causes an ABS error. I guess once i have done a more in depth diagnostic it will tell me more.

I have owned the car for 9 years now and although i have had a check engine light on for a few years that appears to be related to the timing chain but the car has still ran and driven fine and has not cost me anything other than servicing with a local garage, tyres and more recently an exhaust repair. I do intend to get the timing replaced some time i just have not had the ability due to no one in the local area (I have just found out about Lex-Tech in Sheffield) and financial constraints due to work. 

I still love the car and it has treated me well, still in great condition on both the exterior and interior and stands me at nothing, I don't mind putting a little bit of cash in it to it to get me back up and running for a little while until i can get the cash together to get the timing chain sorted or get a newer model.

Thanks for your help 🙂

Just a little update.. On the drive into work today i took it easy and was using the transmission along with light braking and it did not come up with the error.  I am assuming that not enough force was applied to the rear brakes not causing the calliper/pad to stick and not popping up with the error.  

I have just found these in stock but i have not heard of them before, has anyone used them? The price seems along the lines of the Rockauto ones without the hassle of overseas shipping and import duty etc.

Brake Caliper ELSTOCK 87-1613 Rear Axle Right, behind the axle — Buy now! (autodoc.co.uk)

Brake Caliper ELSTOCK 86-1613 Rear Axle Left, behind the axle — Buy now! (autodoc.co.uk)

It also looks as if they have the same Budweg calipers for a few pounds more so i will probably go with them.

Brake Caliper BUDWEG CALIPER 343620 Rear Axle, behind the axle, Left — Buy now! (autodoc.co.uk)

Brake Caliper BUDWEG CALIPER 343620 Rear Axle, behind the axle, Left — Buy now! (autodoc.co.uk)

Oh dear, just checked trustpilot and the reviews dont seem favourable. 

Autodoc GmbH - Great Britain Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of www.autodoc.co.uk (trustpilot.com)

No experience of those vendors. The fact that they are exchange units means they should be Lexus OEM callipers, just rebuilt with new seals and piston.

I've never had a problem with autodoc before, others on LOC have used them too and I'm not aware of any issues. They just take time to ship your items - they normally always come from Germany and can take up to 10 days.

Actually scrap that.. I misread... Its showing as £181.99 and this Incurs a £47.99 Surcharge 😮

Looks like i will have to get them on order from the US and wait.