Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

BMW's getting stuck in a ford.

Mincey

13 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

It makes great viewing and apparently gets the locals entertained as well. However it leaves some questions.

Why is this road not closed when flooded?  With so many cars getting wrecked why is nobody stopping traffic? 

Why are people laughing at other peoples misery? I would feel abolutely gutted if it would happen to me.

I understand that it is well signposted and diversion signs are in place, but some people still have to give it a go, don't they....

I live fairly local and used to swim in the river leading from the lake above down to the ford some 60yrs back. No one has to drive through it as there are access roads to by pass it. It's a shortcut by passing a bottleneck roundabout. Unless it has been dry weather for many days I wouldn't consider it. Great fun to watch though.

• Like 1

How to get the week off to a good start - watching another Scheissewagen biting the dust! Yes, we're one One Series less now. And that's a good thing. It's a shame that the driver of the blue 3 Series bottled it and spoiled everyone's fun. Nice to see a caravan going through this week too.

35 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Yes, we're one One Series less now. And that's a good thing. It's

^^ Whatever will the junior management photocopier salesman from Telford, rushing to his ‘vital’ meeting an inch from your back bumper on the M6 in his ‘ultimate driving machine’ do now?

🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

^^ Whatever will the junior management photocopier salesman from Telford, rushing to his ‘vital’ meeting an inch from your back bumper on the M6 in his ‘ultimate driving machine’ do now?

🤣

I am sure I read it here, but whenever someone asks me why I have a Lexus and not a BMW, Mercedes or Audi, I usually reply with "I don't want to be associated with any brand lusted after by photocopier company regional sales managers". Going by your response, you may well have been the person who originally coined that phrase!

• 2 weeks later...

And here is this week's treasure trove, including a white 1 Series Scheissewagen whose owner does the unthinkable - they turn their "Ultimate Driving Machine" around and run away! Running the risk of hydrolocking their piece of questionable German engineering was clearly not for them. Or perhaps it wasn't their car and they didn't want to appear for eternity on the Internet, shamed by standing next to some hired/borrowed piece of PCP spec tat waiting for the AA to come and recover them. Oh and some youngster goes through the ford on a pushbike. Well done Sir!

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the latest offering from the Scheissewagen graveyard. I'm wondering whether the cameraman is concentrating on cars from the former Third Reich, or whether the Ford is being seen as a challenge for Regional Sales Managers for Photocopier companies?

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2021 at 3:22 PM, talaipwros said:

some BMW' saloons  have a button that raises the body height by about an inch. You have to stop , press the button and then maximum speed is 20mph.

Still not sure that this would be enough under the circumstances

That's crazy. I've never heard of that, but I guess this proves there's a reason. 

15 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

The driver of that red Alfa made a wise choice…

Absolutely. I guess it was a miracle that he'd got that far in the first place though.

More footage of the previous incidents from a different uploader, however in the second clip they have captured a Polo taking the wrong turn. Sound is essential. Bonus points to the Fiesta driver who is so busy shouting at the camera person(s) that he almost sticks his car in the wall as he's being towed out. A future Scheissewagen pilot in the making.

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

More carnage from The Ford. including an A Class biting the dust. Even the ducks want to watch the action this time:

Hard to know if the Land Rover expired in a cloud of steam because of the water, to simply because it’s a Land Rover…😅

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Mincey said:

More footage of the previous incidents from a different uploader, however in the second clip they have captured a Polo taking the wrong turn. Sound is essential. Bonus points to the Fiesta driver who is so busy shouting at the camera person(s) that he almost sticks his car in the wall as he's being towed out. A future Scheissewagen pilot in the making.

The woman driving the recently deceased Fiesta really wasn’t having a good day! “TURN YOUR PHONES OFF, OR I’LL COME AND TAKE THEM OFF YOU!”

I suppose being arrested for theft couldn’t have made her day that much worse…😆

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

Hard to know if the Land Rover expired in a cloud of steam because of the water, to simply because it’s a Land Rover…😅

That's a good point - I had the same thought. "Ah, there's a puddle up ahead. Never mind, I'm in a Land Rover, I'm invincible......... Oh."

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mincey said:

That's a good point - I had the same thought. "Ah, there's a puddle up ahead. Never mind, I'm in a Land Rover, I'm invincible......... Oh."

To paraphrase an old Land Rover slogan, they’re usually ‘the best 4x4 by…the side of the road.’ 😇

• Haha 1

I wish I had known about Rufford Ford when I had the Citroen DS.

Raising the suspension to its ‘ploughed field’ setting would have been like driving across on stilts.

Much innocent merriment could have been had.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The three minute mark. Sit down, get some popcorn and enjoy Scheissewagen Death par excellence! Sadly, a Toyota Avensis was harmed badly during the production of this video.

• Like 1

That looked really deep, certainly deep enough to kill even a few ‘SUVs.’

A MINI? A Citroen C3? A Renault Modus? What on earth were they thinking?!

The BMW 3-Series estate was especially satisfying when he opened his door to let most of the river escape…😆

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links