Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radiator for facelift 06 LS430?

So as per another thread I have mentioned I am considering changing out the radiator due to the possibility of some parts giving way and I do live in a seaside town so rust can get to cars here....  So any way I have the model in the photo below and a quick search seems to be drawing a bit of a blank. has anyone with a facelift done this and if so what did they use? another pain in the **** is I am in Northern Ireland so it is actually cheaper (and quicker!) sometimes to get parts from rockauto due to brexit a lot of mainland traders won't sell to us or quote stupid prices to ship. 🙄 thing is I am not 100% sure they even do a rad to fit my car (still looking)

Rad.thumb.jpg.38e86f1bfe69367c4bd71462ab9013ea.jpgrad2.thumb.jpg.761e303ca13e8bc88c3cebf3cb975e42.jpg

I don't think you'll get the right one from Rockauto, I've looked into this before and it seems they only sell the ones suited for the Japanese and US cars which have a different setup to ours, basically with the coolant reservoir attached to the radiator.  Of you don't mind spending lots of money a main dealer is really the place to go. There are some on eBay that would be ok but I don't know about quality.

1 hour ago, BMCWP said:

I've sent a question re postage to NI so will see what that is but by the looks of it this might be the better option. 

I fitted one on my first LS430 and it really is a simple job, plus there's loads of room and lots of areas to fix it to. 

Thankfully postage is the same as the rest of the UK so its now the front runner - Just need to book a slot with my mechanic (it may be a simple job but not to me 😕😆) and then order the bits. 

8 minutes ago, BMCWP said:

Thankfully postage is the same as the rest of the UK so its now the front runner - Just need to book a slot with my mechanic (it may be a simple job but not to me 😕😆) and then order the bits. 

Let us know how you get on, it should only take an hour to fit.  No transmission dipstick on the facelift so you'll probably need to top up the fluid with some Toyota Type 1V but it won't need much.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Transmission fluid is Type 1V in 5 speed with dipstick .

Transmission fluid is type WS (world standard or series) in 6 speed with no dipstick.

ALWAYS use a genuine toyota coolant ( usually pink/orange)

• Like 1