Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi we have had our 2020 UX for 2 weeks now last sunday we went for long drive and noticed the aircon was not cold at all so today it went back to Lexus Tunbridge wells . This afternoon got a call saying it was all done when i got there the service manager told me it was bit of a strange one as the was no gas in the system and they had done leak a dye test could not find any leaks and told me to keep an eye on it . I must say the service i got today was a 100% better than i have had in the past 5 years from my local Merc service department with my past 2 cars 

• Like 3

Glad you were looked after well by your local Lexus dealer. I am not surprised as Lexus Bristol have been excellent for me since my first new car in 2007. My daughter has had terrible customer service with Ford so I have seen both sides. 
Enjoy your car.

• Like 1

Good service indeed. Better service would have been to check that the aircon was working properly as part of the pre-handover checks though. The fact that they could not detect a leak would suggest that there was no gas in the first place... unless I have misunderstood.

I’m sure that testing the air on would be one of the checks done to an approved Lexus. Poor show but at least it was quickly resolved to satisfaction 

• 4 weeks later...

Just had the same problem with my month old UX. Dealer said gas level was low and topped up but couldn't find any leaks. Put in a tracer dye and I have to go back if air con doesn't improve.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Temperature still wasn't cool enough so back to the dealership. Service guy told me the air con system had been overfilled and was over-pressuring the system. Feels a bit better now but worth watching.