Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CEL on after low fuel (fumes and warning light)

It's happened 3 times now. Run my 400 to fumes – orange light and then CEL. After a few runs and a full belly of fuel CEL turns off. Similarly, rough driving, hard-cornering and fuel slosh....CEL.

I still haven't sorted my XP license, ergo, access to my TS so cannot code. Anyone else's 400 (2005) pull a CEL and give a code?

How low on fuel? If you get so low that you can misfire then you would get a CEL.

Your second scenario doesn't sound as if it should generate a CEL - really need the code to understand this a bit more.

51 minutes ago, Greisingel said:

I still haven't sorted my XP license, ergo, access to my TS so cannot code.

XP will give you a few days grace before you have to authenticate it, so plenty time to get codes and deal with licencing issues later.

I have run out of gas twice in my 58 years of driving. Both on motorways in Spain more than 30 years ago when the expected filling stations for one reason or another were closed. Having to walk to get gasoline and leave the car is an experience. I had no cell phone then.

The way Lexus has low light on our car is really fine. Telling to fill it when still almost 10L left in the tank. OK.

2 hours ago, Greisingel said:

FUEL RX400H 2.png

FUEL RX400H.png

Also be aware that to restart it you need a minimum of 10 litres, preferably more, and if it fails to restart three or more times the hybrid system can lock out and requires a dealer to get it going again.

It's really not good to run out of fuel.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Finally sorted my XP icense out. You get a license at the activation window that you give to a Microsoft perosn. Well now you just put that into an app and then get a genuine key back. Free. Techstream reported a P0430 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold.

I cleared it and MIL is now off.

• Like 1