99% Positive Feedback

Condition:
Used

Time left:
Time left:5d 00h 

|  (20 May, 2021 12:22:24 BST)

Current bid:
£1,040.00

Steve, that example at £15k is fine but who on earth would pay that for it at this time ........  I'd just want to use it and then it's worth maybe £5/6k max IMHO .....  as the mileage exponentially explodes :wink3:

do people buy cars just to store them these days ...  unless they're proper old classics

Malc

6 hours ago, cruisermark said:

wow!

this seems better value:

Lexus LS400 Toyota Celsior Type C 16,708 miles | eBay

does this have air suspension steve?

Those seats look comfy, and  no heated seats to go wrong! Good value in comparison to its contemporaries, especially the BMW 740i.

2 hours ago, cruisermark said:

I personally prefer leather seats  - maybe because I have been driving LS for 15 years now

I'm curious to try out the velour, like the proper deep pile type on the Celsior (or some old french sofa), I think it would be a little more compliant and comfy, not to mention hold you in better around the corners.

1 hour ago, ciao_chao said:

I'm curious to try out the velour, like the proper deep pile type on the Celsior (or some old french sofa), I think it would be a little more compliant and comfy, not to mention hold you in better around the corners.

I've had leather in every Lexus for the past 13 years, but the Celsior I just sold had wool, like the one on eBay, and I can tell you it's far superior.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

I've had leather in every Lexus for the past 13 years, but the Celsior I just sold had wool, like the one on eBay, and I can tell you it's far superior.

That is interesting as I think I would prefer cloth - however the smell of a LS 400 leather - is very special!

11 hours ago, cruisermark said:

wow!

this seems better value:

Lexus LS400 Toyota Celsior Type C 16,708 miles | eBay

does this have air suspension steve?

Difficult to tell as it could have TEMS which has conventional springs but piezo dampers like my 1994.

Given Japanese auction prices at the moment, another £1500.00 shipping and then 20% VAT that’s a fair price OTR.

8 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

That is interesting as I think I would prefer cloth - however the smell of a LS 400 leather - is very special!

I think most people believe it's just velour, a man made fabric, but it is actually pure wool and that makes for a favourite armchair feel!

• Like 1

I must say I was looking at maybe importing a late LS400 but really wanted standard shocks. But I believe TEMS or air suspension gives a superior ride to standard shocks. I think I had TEMS on my Toyota Soarer and that was a lovely ride. The price looks to be very fair. Now where did I stash that £8000?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, shanra said:

I must say I was looking at maybe importing a late LS400 but really wanted standard shocks. But I believe TEMS or air suspension gives a superior ride to standard shocks. I think I had TEMS on my Toyota Soarer and that was a lovely ride. The price looks to be very fair. Now where did I stash that £8000?

It's air suspension seller just replied.

9 minutes ago, shanra said:

Car was originally for sale through Edward Hall Classic Mercedes.

How long ago was that? Just curious.

You can search on the mobile number in the listing also - just remove the oddly placed spaces in the listed number.

8 minutes ago, PCM said:

How long ago was that? Just curious.

You can search on the mobile number in the listing also - just remove the oddly placed spaces in the listed number.

I don't know Piers just saw it on Car & Classic.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 12:11 PM, Malc said:

then there's this for sale too 

1997 Lexus LS 400 MOT Till June 23rd 2021 105877 miles

That looks a decent car and same colour as my last one I think, Ebony Teal Pearl. It's listed on their website for £5250 which gives some idea of what price they are looking for.

• Like 1