Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Essential Care Servicing Discontinued?

I purchased the extended warranty which runs until the end of December 2022, I obviously use Lexus for servicing as part of the deal. If I understand it correctly by having a Lexus service it will now trigger a 12 month warranty by way of Lexus Relax. So why have I paid £695 for something that I don’t need for the next 18 months? 

Just now, Derant said:

I purchased the extended warranty which runs until the end of December 2022, I obviously use Lexus for servicing as part of the deal. If I understand it correctly by having a Lexus service it will now trigger a 12 month warranty by way of Lexus Relax. So why have I paid £695 for something that I don’t need for the next 18 months? 

I had my 4th service just over a week ago

I am VERY ANNOYED by this announcement.

In February, I paid £2400 for a 2 year extended warranty on my LC. At the time I asked about Relax and was told it was not available. I always have my cars serviced at main dealers.

What happens now? 😠

1 minute ago, malcolmw said:

I am VERY ANNOYED by this announcement.

In February, I paid £2400 for a 2 year extended warranty on my LC. At the time I asked about Relax and was told it was not available. I always have my cars serviced at main dealers.

What happens now? 😠

I have yet to see anything that says The Lexus Extended Warranty is no longer available !

I imagine all existing Extended Warranty contracts will be honoured and then cars will be covered under the new Lexus Relax scheme, as long as they meet the criteria. No new Extended Warranty contracts will be offered

9 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I have yet to see anything that says The Lexus Extended Warranty is no longer available !

The point is if you paid for the extended warranty which means using Lexus for servicing the new Relax now also triggers a warranty , in effect what is the point in the extended warranty

From my understanding, you can either keep the extended warranty that you have or cancel it pro-rata and get a refund.  There is a caveat though - if you have already claimed on your extended warranty then I don't believe you can get a refund.

It is also worth noting that the extended warranty is a superior product that covers more components, but your mileage may vary on that one.

Lastly, @royoftherovers I have spoken to two dealers today that say it is no longer available and it has been removed from the Lexus UK website, so I think it is safe to say it has gone 🙂

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Derant said:

The point is if you paid for the extended warranty which means using Lexus for servicing the new Relax now also triggers a warranty , in effect what is the point in the extended warranty

It appears that the Relax warranty is not as comprehensive as the extended warranty. Fewer parts and components seem to be covered. For example shock absorbers are covered under the extended but not the Relax.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Derant said:

Different cover.

54 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

From my understanding, you can either keep the extended warranty that you have or cancel it pro-rata and get a refund.  There is a caveat though - if you have already claimed on your extended warranty then I don't believe you can get a refund.

It is also worth noting that the extended warranty is a superior product that covers more components, but your mileage may vary on that one.

Lastly, @royoftherovers I have spoken to two dealers today that say it is no longer available and it has been removed from the Lexus UK website, so I think it is safe to say it has gone 🙂

If that’s the case, fair enough.

7 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Looks like a pull back on Lexus GB's behalf. Dressed-up to look better?

As royoftherovers posted a headlight was £1,000, which I understand will no longer be covered.

I took my extended warranty out in December 2020, headlights were definitely not covered

2 hours ago, Derant said:

I took my extended warranty out in December 2020, headlights were definitely not covered

Headlights are covered, except for physical damage, just not the bulbs. If your ballast or positioning motor failed, condensation not due to physical damage etc. then it would be replaced under extended warranty, as would an LED module as it isn't a normal replaceable consumable bulb.

Now the wording implies lights won't be covered, only headlamp lift motors (is that popup headlight motors or levelling/swivel motors?).

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Headlights are covered, except for physical damage, just not the bulbs. If your ballast or positioning motor failed, condensation not due to physical damage etc. then it would be replaced under extended warranty, as would an LED module as it isn't a normal replaceable consumable bulb.

Now the wording implies lights won't be covered, only headlamp lift motors (is that popup headlight motors or levelling/swivel motors?).

The booklet I received in December when I took the extended warranty out states

Lights, bulbs and Headlight adjustment are excluded from cover.

That’s why I said headlights weren’t covered.

1 hour ago, Derant said:

The booklet I received in December when I took the extended warranty out states

Lights, Bulbs and Headlight adjustment are excluded from cover.

That’s why I said headlights weren’t covered.

In this scenario, I think Lights might refer to the non-bulb type of illumination.  Colin is correct that the light unit itself is covered and there are members on here that had them replaced for things like condensation.

18 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Looks like a pull back on Lexus GB's behalf. Dressed-up to look better?

As royoftherovers posted a headlight was £1,000, which I understand will no longer be covered.

Equally, royoftherovers had also spent £4500 in extended warranties over the same period. So it was a £1,000 return on a £4500 investment. A warranty gives peace of mind, it doesn’t necessarily offer value for money. There will be exceptions of course where someone massively wins in terms of repairs v cost of warranties. I do understand why people buy extended warranties, I’ve done it myself on many occasions. Only ever for cars though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paulrnx said:

Equally, royoftherovers had also spent £4500 in extended warranties over the same period. So it was a £1,000 return on a £4500 investment. A warranty gives peace of mind, it doesn’t necessarily offer value for money. There will be exceptions of course where someone massively wins in terms of repairs v cost of warranties. I do understand why people buy extended warranties, I’ve done it myself on many occasions. Only ever for cars though.

Peace of mind is key if you buy a lemon. Someone on here may correct me but IF there is an issue with a Lexus, it tends to be ONE thing (which can be very expensive) you rarely get a string of issues.

On 6/1/2021 at 6:14 PM, Derant said:

see Shahpor below.

On 6/1/2021 at 6:14 PM, NemesisUK said:

I imagine all existing Extended Warranty contracts will be honoured and then cars will be covered under the new Lexus Relax scheme, as long as they meet the criteria. No new Extended Warranty contracts will be offered

They must be honoured. A Contract is a Contract and Lexus would not wish to be seen to be in Breach 

Having contacted Lexus warranty department they confirmed that all Extended Warranties will be honoured.

When I bought my car (used) it was still under manufacturers warranty which expires at the end of the month.  With the money I saved (against buying a new car) I purchased 2 extended warranties from 21-23 and 23-25.

They confirmed that I will receive the full benefits of the extended warranty package for the full term, MOTs and roadside assistance included.

I will not need to join the new scheme until 2025 onwards 😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, j8pfc said:

Having contacted Lexus warranty department they confirmed that all Extended Warranties will be honoured.

When I bought my car (used) it was still under manufacturers warranty which expires at the end of the month.  With the money I saved (against buying a new car) I purchased 2 extended warranties from 21-23 and 23-25.

They confirmed that I will receive the full benefits of the extended warranty package for the full term, MOTs and roadside assistance included.

I will not need to join the new scheme until 2025 onwards 😊

For clarification John, did you buy 2 off, 2 for 1 policies to cover 4 years in total? 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links