Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Essential Care Servicing Discontinued?

4 hours ago, j8pfc said:

Having contacted Lexus warranty department they confirmed that all Extended Warranties will be honoured.

When I bought my car (used) it was still under manufacturers warranty which expires at the end of the month.  With the money I saved (against buying a new car) I purchased 2 extended warranties from 21-23 and 23-25.

They confirmed that I will receive the full benefits of the extended warranty package for the full term, MOTs and roadside assistance included.

I will not need to join the new scheme until 2025 onwards 😊

Smart thinking, wish I had done the same..

• Like 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having contacted Lexus warranty department they confirmed that all Extended Warranties will be honoured. When I bought my car (used) it was still under manufacturers warranty which expires at the

In my experience there is nothing to fear with the demise of Essential Care Servicing. I bought my GS450h eight years ago. I took out a Service Plan and it is still running. I pay £34 per mo

No not at all. In fact they are much worse than the Extended warranty which itself isn't as good as the Manufacturer warranty. Looking at what is included/excluded I assume they will still sell t

My UX was in having a new radio (£2.5k) - which would not be covered under Lexus Relax.

I anticipated there might be a change in warranties so rang the dealer last week  to buy an extended warranty (and possibly as many as I could, as will keep it for a long time.) I was told the person dealing with them was off and please ring back after the bank holiday!

I was gutted on Tuesday with the change in warranties. As for a UX the real cost allowing for AA and MoT is £50 per annum.

8 hours ago, j8pfc said:

Having contacted Lexus warranty department they confirmed that all Extended Warranties will be honoured.

When I bought my car (used) it was still under manufacturers warranty which expires at the end of the month.  With the money I saved (against buying a new car) I purchased 2 extended warranties from 21-23 and 23-25.

They confirmed that I will receive the full benefits of the extended warranty package for the full term, MOTs and roadside assistance included.

I will not need to join the new scheme until 2025 onwards 😊

Although my RX was only 12 months old at the time, Lexus Stockport inquired if I would like the 2-4-1 warranty extension last September. I did wonder at the time if the price was going to go up, or whether the scheme might be dropped at the end of 2020, but after some thought decided to go for it (which I'm glad I did now). This should cover me from the car's 3rd birthday in 2022 until 2024.