Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

looking to buy gs250 owners reviews appreciated

Sure last of the last in NA engines I guess.

I need to source one quick too baby due soon & no transport, John Lewis wouldn't even sell us the seat combo until I could confirm what car I was getting.

I guess so is all part of been different in life its never easy to find things quick, I never buy what the next guy has.

33 minutes ago, Initial P said:

I see a GS300H Premier that was at Lexus Edgware road has risen about £500 over night 😕 despite been for sale for quite some time.

Thanks Pete. Sadly prices will continue to rise so long a buyers are prepared to pay the prices being asked.

The guy at Lexus Hatfield said the other day that nobody wants to buy new engine cars at the moment due to the electric car roll-out.

I was offered a GSF for 26k elsewhere though which I thought sounded good.

15 minutes ago, Initial P said:

That would be amazing deal if the car condition is reasonable. I have not seen GS-F for under £40k for long time!

This is certainly cheaper than any GS450h facelift at the moment.

21 minutes ago, Initial P said:

The guy at Lexus Hatfield said the other day that nobody wants to buy new engine cars at the moment due to the electric car roll-out.

Get in there quickly Pete.

Most people who want to buy an electric car today, have not yet thought it through properly.

3 hours ago, Initial P said:

26K is about double my budget but I'm happy to reveal the dealer if anyone wants to know 😉

Yes please, I don’t think I’ve seen a GSF advertised for less than £30k

28 minutes ago, F.A. said:

Yes please, I don’t think I’ve seen a GSF advertised for less than £30k

It was Boss Motor Company where I bought my MK3 GS300 SEL 🙂

7 minutes ago, Initial P said:

It was Boss Motor Company where I bought my MK3 GS300 SEL 🙂

I’m they don’t appear to have it advertised on their website, unless I've missed it ! 

Seems extremely cheap unless it had mega miles. Are you sure it wasn’t a GS F sport ? 

55 minutes ago, F.A. said:

I’m they don’t appear to have it advertised on their website, unless I've missed it ! 

Seems extremely cheap unless it had mega miles. Are you sure it wasn’t a GS F sport ? 

I was told over the phone, I asked if they had any GS hybrid or otherwise in & was told no & the last they sold was 2-3 months ago but they a LS & GS F I guess they only just got them so not on the site yet.

I did think it sounded cheap having only seen the from 35k onwards.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 11:55 PM, lukash said:

Hi there, I'm a owner of GS250(2013 F-sport) since 2018.

This is a great car,becoming a rare. Let me highlight the reasons why I chosen this vehicle over others Lexus models at my budget, when I bought mine. Remember, this is my personal opinion only.

I was thinking about IS300h, IS250, GS300h and GS250. 450h was over my budget.

I had to refuse all IS models due to I'm 6ft, and I like to have more room (I can still fit to an IS but getting in/out is easier in GS)

I do like pure V6 engine, simple engine,no turbos, but still enough powerful and sounds nice on higher revs 🙂

I do prefer traditional auto gear box over CVT. I know, new CVTs are better than before, but I'm a fan of auto-shifting gears.

I do not mind the fuel economy, so I choose pure petrol car over 300h hybrid Lexus.

Service costs are very similar comparing to other models at this age, sometimes are less.

The only cons I found at the moment is the road tax cost but it is law,we can not change it 😞

Overall, GS250 is a nice vehicle to drive unless you drive a huge distances.

Do a right choice 🙂

Hi Lukash

Am 6'4 here and fairly long in the back so headroom a must. GS has decent headroom overall. Not quite as good as my previous E60 or an A6 that I test drove but good enough to be able to drive in a comfy position and keep my head rested on the headrest.

Found the IS pretty tight inside if I'm being honest.

Cheers

On 6/6/2021 at 10:24 AM, LenT said:

Very sorry to learn about this, Pete.  I hope you and any passengers emerged relatively unscathed.  It’s a very unpleasant experience.

My Accord was also written off on the M5, by an HGV changing lanes without looking.  We walked away from that and were very fortunate to do so.  But it did result in my buying the Lexus.

So, every cloud…..

Good luck with your search for its replacement.

Thanks 🙂

Here is my car:

https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/45457681/clean-title-2007-lexus-gs300-se-l-bristol

No air bags went off but due to age & miles it was written off.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Initial P said:

Thanks 🙂

Here is my car:

https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/45457681/clean-title-2007-lexus-gs300-se-l-bristol

No air bags went off but due to age & miles it was written off.

Astonishing that with a valuation of 4500 it is still offered as repairable 😱😱😱

8 hours ago, Initial P said:

That's the price they gave me ^

You know all this time I didn't realise just how much a step up the GS4 was over the GS3, WOW 😁

Have you bought something then?

On 6/13/2021 at 2:16 PM, Phil xxkr said:

Astonishing that with a valuation of 4500 it is still offered as repairable 😱😱😱

Surprised its going that cheap even as broken.... 
Could make more than that just by ripping the cats out and selling them for recycling the platinum/rhodium, let alone the other
spare parts.

• Like 1

I was sad to get the call about it been a write off but I am now the happy owner of a GS250 F Sport with red leather interior & ML sound alas minus the sunroof of the S190 but cabin has loads more head room & I feel more comfortable in it & at least the light in the boot is in the middle now 😆

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Steven Lockey said:

Surprised its going that cheap even as broken.... 
Could make more than that just by ripping the cats out and selling them for recycling the platinum/rhodium, let alone the other
spare parts.

Wow😮

1 hour ago, Initial P said:

It has the Grom bluetooth audio module too.

Interesting. Doesn’t the car have Bluetooth audio already, or is this a Car Play Module ? 

Its for audio it has it already for calls.

The red leather in the GS4 at first made me think of a tarts parlour but has grown on me & everybody thinks red is best.