Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Purchased identical car before a 23K Balloon Payment

Lexus now offer Ceramic Coating of paint etc.,Dash Cam front & rear & Protection Pack for. Flaps etc.

Delivery before month -end ,Sonic Titanium / Black Leather & lower Monthly payment .

Tel

• Like 4

I pick-up the new car Friday, unseen as all Business associated with the Deal is now On-Line.

As TPS is continuous in all Toyota Factories (Toyota Production System  based on Continuous Improvement) I am looking forward to seeing if I detect any positive differences which Owners in the US always claim.The current NX sells so well in the States despite their Covid Performance.

Just hope I can drive the New Car much more in the coming months. 

Tel

57 minutes ago, Tel said:

I pick-up the new car Friday, unseen as all Business associated with the Deal is now On-Line.

As TPS is continuous in all Toyota Factories (Toyota Production System  based on Continuous Improvement) I am looking forward to seeing if I detect any positive differences which Owners in the US always claim.The current NX sells so well in the States despite their Covid Performance.

Just hope I can drive the New Car much more in the coming months. 

Tel

Just in time for the weather turning Terry, is this from Lexus Derby? 

The car refinement excels compared with the previous Black Version.Both cars have AVS.

The Takumi UXe that I had for a day was the same.

Surprised & pleased .

Tel

V5 arrived yesterday which enabled me to finally register my car on the Lexus Portal/Link & benefit from Connected Services that can inform me about the level of screen wash & fuel in my car & many other Services but @ a Monthly premium with Virgin.

Probably beneficial to Business Users etc. but in the current climate not a useful addition ( ? )

Tel

• Like 1

The mpg of my new NX is in the low 40's compared with mid to high 30"s in the Black version, the Nav is being Up-dated as I drive & the car stands a few mm. higher..

Cleaning the Ceramic coated bodywork is So easy with my Maguire Kit it is equal to any Detailer result.

Surprisingly different which is nice

Cannot wait for Travel to ease

Tel

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tel said:

The mpg of my new NX is in the low 40's compared with mid to high 30"s in the Black version, the Nav is being Up-dated as I drive & the car stands a few mm. higher..

Cleaning the Ceramic coated bodywork is So easy with my Maguire Kit it is equal to any Detailer result.

Tel

Photos please Terry? We LOVE photos!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tel said:

Tel

It is surprising that there are such differences on what is - essentially - the same car. I can only assume Lexus adopt continuous improvement during the lifecycle of each model, which is very reassuring. Why stand still if you can implement improvements? Bravo!

I have noticed a similar improvement in MPG from the 'old' to the facelifted model. I think it may be a little quieter too.

Yes but are you not comparing your AVS equipped car against a normal suspended car as AVS transforms refinement in D & Sport+ & was heavily revised for the 2019 Model year.

Tel

There is a new Media Up-Date available.

My Car has finally Installed said Up-date after Downloading on Wednesday.

Tel

Up-Date

1. After c.400 miles of relativity short trips the mpg remains in the low 40's.

2.The Factory fitted ACP is slicker to operate than the Dealer fit & Siri is super efficient for destinations & phone calls.

3.The AVS is softer in D-mode which results in having to slow right down when driving over National Trust roads & fields.

4.Jetting to Worcester this week-end which is 99% motorway & will be interested if the improved economy holds.

Tel

• Like 3

As promised ,the journey south to Birmingham  was free-flowing until I hit the very busy M5 south . c.41mpg.

The return was a fast flowing carpark littered with GP drivers in white Vans & BMW;s c. 39mpg

Excellent performance don't you think ?

Tel

I noticed a difference between pre and post facelift IS300H vehicles I owned. Better mid-range response and performance and better economy. Lexus had definitely tweaked the powertrain to deliver better response and torque. Could be more electrical assistance or better mapping for the ICE or both. Doesn’t surprise me that they may have done the same with the NX. I’m guessing that foot to the floor peak power and torque would have been the same but there were definite improvements in part throttle response and performance between my 204 IS300H Executive and my 2019 IS300H Sport. This lead to better economy too. By about 2-4mpg for every tankful I think.

My Family live in Worcester & have visited numerous times over the last 20 years & the 90 mile trip takes c. 1hr. 20 minutes each way.

Interestingly your roads are in good repair compared with the East Midlands.

However I digress, my IS 200s averaged c. 26 mpg, my IS 250s c.28, my Mk.2 ISF 28mpg ,my IS 300hs c. 42 mpg.

My 2021NX is close to my 300h.economy which is good although I have yet to drive Trans Continental or in S+ Mode which is my normal Mode of choice in Normal Times.

In Sport +,  my 2019 NX was swift,I just wish all my cars had the Brembo's from my ISF which were perfect in all weathers.

Need to take my Granddaughter to Brum, I will set S+ report the Difference in response & economy.

Tel

• Like 2

On 6/21/2021 at 3:25 PM, paulrnx said:

I noticed a difference between pre and post facelift IS300H vehicles I owned. Better mid-range response and performance and better economy. Lexus had definitely tweaked the powertrain to deliver better response and torque. Could be more electrical assistance or better mapping for the ICE or both. Doesn’t surprise me that they may have done the same with the NX. I’m guessing that foot to the floor peak power and torque would have been the same but there were definite improvements in part throttle response and performance between my 204 IS300H Executive and my 2019 IS300H Sport. This lead to better economy too. By about 2-4mpg for every tankful I think.

I agree. I have noticed subtle differences between my previous pre-facelift F-Sport and my current car, but with two caveats: current car has AVS - although I am not sure this would have any incidence on economy - and same current car still is on the original Yokohama Blue Earth tyres, whereas our previous NX was on Michelin Cross Climates. I suspect that the Yoko are better from an economy perspective, but they are so noisy in comparison to the Michelin that I can't wait for them needing replacing.

8 hours ago, DanD said:

I agree. I have noticed subtle differences between my previous pre-facelift F-Sport and my current car, but with two caveats: current car has AVS - although I am not sure this would have any incidence on economy - and same current car still is on the original Yokohama Blue Earth tyres, whereas our previous NX was on Michelin Cross Climates. I suspect that the Yoko are better from an economy perspective, but they are so noisy in comparison to the Michelin that I can't wait for them needing replacing.

The Yokohamas always feel like they are made of concrete to me 😀

• 2 weeks later...

Up-date

The mpg continues to be c.42 mpg.a 10% increase on my 2019 version

The Radar accuracy is significantly improved

APC is much improved compared with the Dealer Option

DAB Ensembles stil challenge me trying to get a secure Virgin channel on the Local Run.

Tel 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Topping up with fuel @ Asda noted that it was E10 grade which is much cheaper to manufacture yet is the same price as E5

It will be interesting if my improved MPG stays the same.

Tel

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links