Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

set of 18" wheel trims required 10 bolt type

peasoup39

May be the same thing. This is the 5 spoked plastic centre trim about 12" diameter that is held on by 10 off 8mm socket head cap screws. If you are changing the wheel then they stay in situ but if fitting new tyres they have to be removed to get the shaft and nut of the balancing machine through the centre of the wheel. The 10 bolts are set in 18mm diam recess in the trim and the recesses have a flange at the bottom with a 10mm hole to take the bolts. The flanges break off inside but you cannot see this until you take the trim off. One of my trims had 6 of these flanges sheared off so only holding on with 4 bolts. I am sure there are a number of SC's driving around with the same problem but owners are unaware

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Do you mean this 5 star centres. These are hgeld on my 5 nuts and the ends have built in clips that go in a hole in the wheel. I have just purchase 4 new ones.

and fitted them to new wheels

Screenshot 2021-05-28 at 13.24.33.png

No the ones i need are as fitted around 2005 with 10 bolts holding them on. The wheel nuts do not secure them as they are plastic, you can remove the wheel without removing the trim from the wheel

When i had a set of tyres recently i found that the centre wheel trims with the ten bolts holding them on had most of the shoulder that the bolts go up against had sheared off. Although all the bolts were there the trim was only secured by 3 or 4 of the bolts. The centre trims are only made of plastic so over the years these had broken but gone unnoticed. I discovered on ebay some 17.5mm internal caps that are stoppers used on test tubes. The eBay number is110902657651. They come in packs of 20 so two packs at £5.00  each will do all the bolts. I punched a hole in the centre, put the bolt in and the shoulder on the stopper fits firmly onto the wheel trim. i also put them on the bolts where the trim shoulder still existed to make every bolt look the same. They are white in colour and when fitted do not look out of place saving me the mega cost of 4 new wheel trims.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links