Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS300H 2016 Executive - 18"/19" wheels?

Hi all,

I have recently bought GS300H 2016 executive and I don't really like the look of  standard wheels fitted on it. I'm looking to get these 17" standard wheels replaced possibly with 18" or maybe even 19" with low profile tires... As I have never changed the std size of wheels on the car I dont really know whether this is actually possible without consideration of other things. I think GS F-Sport has 19" wheels fitted as a standard but not sure how would this fit on executive? If not 19" then 18" would be my choice... has anyone fitted similar size before on GS Executive? Can you give me your thoughts on it? 

Thanks 

Just replying Damian because no GS300 owner seems to have yet!

But I can compare it to mine, which could be had with either 17” or 18” wheels.  Actually I’m not sure your model was available with 19”, but you’ll know better than I.  Anyway I’m sure the basics would apply - which you probably know anyway!

Namely, 17” would be considered to give a smoother, more comfortable ride but with slightly more body roll in hard cornering.  18” would have to be with low profile tyres to maintain the same rolling radius, and would theoretically give a firmer ride with superior handling when driving in a spirited fashion.

Of course if you generally drive in a relaxed manner, you’d probably prefer the smoother riding qualities of the 17”” wheel.  Which also has the additional benefit of not exposing the rims to kerbing in the same way as a low profile tyre!

Having said all that, I’m not sure the the real life difference would be that significant in every day use - apart from the kerbing, about which I speak from experience!

Oh, and you would also have to advise your Insurance of a change of wheels.

The larger wheels fitted to all the other GS models (250, 300h and 450h) trim levels will fit your car no problem. Your car runs 17" wheels fitted with 225/50R17 tyres. The Luxury and Premier trim cars are fitted with 8X18" wheels and 235/45R18 tyres. The F Sport has a staggered fitment with the fronts being 8X19" with 235/40R19 tyres and the rears being 9X19" with 265/35R19 tyres. However, if you do decide to change you might find it easier going down the aftermarket route as trying to find second hand MK4 GS alloys is very difficult (I've been looking for months as I'm wanting a second set for my winter tyres) and for the price Lexus charge for one new wheel you could get a set four aftermarket ones.

34 minutes ago, Chris111 said:

The larger wheels fitted to all the other GS models (250, 300h and 450h) trim levels will fit your car no problem. Your car runs 17" wheels fitted with 225/50R17 tyres. The Luxury and Premier trim cars are fitted with 8X18" wheels and 235/45R18 tyres. The F Sport has a staggered fitment with the fronts being 8X19" with 235/40R19 tyres and the rears being 9X19" with 265/35R19 tyres. However, if you do decide to change you might find it easier going down the aftermarket route as trying to find second hand MK4 GS alloys is very difficult (I've been looking for months as I'm wanting a second set for my winter tyres) and for the price Lexus charge for one new wheel you could get a set four aftermarket ones.

Thanks Chris, so If I was going to go for 18" wheels this extra 10mm in width would make no difference during fitment? Would this fit ok on wheel hub, studs etc...without changing anything else? 

16 minutes ago, Damo87 said:

Thanks Chris, so If I was going to go for 18" wheels this extra 10mm in width would make no difference during fitment? Would this fit ok on wheel hub, studs etc...without changing anything else?

It's fine. If you get OEM wheels then they bolt straight on, even the 19" ones (although not advisable for GS F wheels as they are too wide for the standard GS). If you go aftermarket you need to make sure the wheels are the same stud pattern, PCD, offset and ideally hub-centric centring.

Probably worth getting a full wheel alignment at the same time.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links