Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus PHEV end of 2021 and full EV in 2022

DanD

39 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Sorry, my sentence wasn't really the best and conflated everything in one place (politicians an maniacs fits well together) - I meat to say:

"All these shouting maniacs have no clue what they are talking about, no understanding about science and many of them don't have formal education of any sort. Prime example our dear Greta, who during her now famoust speach ("how dare you") had Primary Education as the highest level of formal education. To be fair to her she since have completed secondary education, but I am not sure that qualifies her for position of "global climate change expert". 

Most of our politicians, have no clue what they are talking about either, nor understanding about science. And when such people start making decisions we all end-up in very bad place... "

And probably upon further reflection - it is not a matter of politicans understanding the issues... it is a matter of them wanting to address them. Sometimes it is simply easier and more politically beneficial to simply find the scape goat (i.e. motorists) instead of focusing on real solution. So politicians with STEMM edication may actually understand the issues, but that doesn't mean they will move a finger to do anythign about it.

I just got back from the pub Linas, I didn't see you there? 

23 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

I do like your  Stadler or Waldorf imitation but in the real world there is much more to it. I accept that charging stations in the UK are in the build up phase like in many countries but this will change rapidly. As more BEVs will drive around the demand for chargingstations will increase. When there is money to be made private companies will step in just like what is happening now in Scandinavia and the Netherlands where Shell is installing high speed chargers in ALL of their petrolstations. BTW a friend of mine regularly drives his Tesla S from Holland to Spain without any problem. Things are changing Linas.

A friend of mine, who has a Tesla, drove to Italy and back without any issues.

On 5/23/2021 at 12:00 PM, Mr Vlad said:

Excellent video, surprised I've not seen that one yet. 

Yes electric car sales is a very small percentage of total car sales But its growing at a very very sharp rate. The number of charging stations is growing fast. 

I really like that MG5 EV estate. For the money it's ruddy outstanding. 

I do not keep up with the wider market but I have just seen an MG5 EV Estate for under £20,000. Have no idea of quality or longevity but it does look good for the money compared to other offerings. No worries, I will stick with my LS 400 for the time being. I might be able to fit a washing machine motor in her when the petrol runs out!

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

This has helped me understand the different offering. Mild hybrid (Ford for example) is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard from what I can see.

https://electriccarhome.co.uk/electric-cars/bev-phev-hev-ice/

MX30 is a MHEV ! (and E=MC2)🤣

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links