Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Led Bulbs

mooranger

I've just ordered a pair of multi LED white sidelamps. I'm now interested in changing the rear indicator and stop/tail lamps with LEDs. Has anyone done this, and where did you get the lamps from? Do the indicators work with LED bulbs, as I've heard some systems won't flash without a normal filament bulb in place.

Quite a few of have just changed the bulbs in a recent group buy.. contact Zee when you see him about, he may be able to do something/point you in the right direction? :winky:

Group Buy:

2 X Low beam / Foglights (9006s)

1 X High beam (9005)

Triple white LED sidelights

Blue reverse bulbs

Got to be a gold member to take part though Matey!

These look quite good - anyone got a pair fitted? I may order a pair at the same time as the spoiler Alex. Are indicator LEDs available for the back? I replaced the amber bulbs with some silver ones but they don't flash very bright (look better though!) Still not sure if they would work though - anyone know?

I bought some LED brake / side lights but they were so dull I never used them.

Currently I've got ultra white LED reversing bulbs and silvervision for the indicators.

You'll be wasting your time with the rear fogs too as the reflector is directional.

Hope that helps.... ;)

The LED side lights (501 wedge type) arrived this morning - fitted them and am well impressed. Instead of the single LED these have multiple LEDs making them very bright and pure white. See here for the type I got. Will have to wait until tonight to see what they're like in the dark, but they are many times brighter than the filament bulb I had in before.

Im on my 3rd set of LED sidelights they just keep blowing :unsure:

first set i had was blue with 4 led's in each blub and one side just didnt work after a month, 3nd sat were the same type but in white and after about 2 weeks one side stated flashing like a strobe, which I found very strange!!. now im on my 3rd set of whites with 6 leds per side from a different company, hope these last longer :nuke::nuke:

I think I should just have gone for the PIAA ones as I've not heard about any problems with these

Has anybody got any pics of what these look like fitted??? I'm thinking of getting a couple of sets, one for my missus's IS200 and the other for my Polo GTi....should look pretty nice on the Polo alongside the xenons.

Cheers

Dave.

Cheers for that Mooranger.

I've just bought a pair of the 4LED type off e-bay.....The ones linked by someone further up this post...... There are also some 6LED one's too so i may get those too.

Just looked at the position of the sidelight bulbs on mi Polo and it looks like it'll be a bugger to fit 'em but i'll have a go.

Cheers

Dave.

Pair of the 4LED bulbs arrived yesterday.....too sunny today to try in daylight though so will try them later when its dark........ If they don't seem too bright i'll try a set of the 6LED bulbs instead.

Also fitting them to my Polo seems a no go as it looks like the whole headlight unit is sealed and requires taking to bits to even replace a sidelight or mainbeam bulb!!!!! I can understand the part of the unit containing the Xenon unit but the mainbeam / sidelight unit too!!! The manual just advises you to get a dealer to swap the bulbs or seek advice before doing it yourself.....Bloomin Germans :P

Anyhow if anyone can post a pic of the 6LED versions i would appreciate it so i can compare them to the 4LED's i will be fitting to the IS later.

Cheers

Dave.