Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Distance buying from franchise..

38 minutes ago, PJD69 said:

Hi and sorry folks for no follow up, I had to take a break from car related things, as this is now I think the 4th deal to be scuppered so far..

So yes I had a cordial chat with the salesman as Lexus Sidcup and rejected the car and my deposit has been returned. I'm gutted as the car seemed fine in other respects and would have received it already were it not for the stone chips. It's a pity they weren't detected at the front end of the process.

They offered to attempt a repair, but if that failed would sell the car as is. A full window replacement was not offered (uneconomical presumably).

1. As @Herbie says there is a cluster of chips, and whilst I'm no expert in glass, I've read this is not good. 

2. I wouldn't be able to see the repair for myself, and if it did not wholly resolve the chips so they are absolutely invisible, any residual marks in my line of sight would bug the heck out of me.

3. I was mindful of the thread below, if the glass was replaced under my insurance policy. Tbh I doubt a Lexus dealership could replace the windscreen to factory standards. Time and time again, I've read that it's best to retain the original screen, unless it absolutely needs replacing. 

As mentioned, this is the 3rd or 4th time now that I've been at the point of buying a car for things to fall through. It's been a bit of a head <rude word> so I took some time out.

The hunt for an IS250 resumes!

I'm going to broaden the spec I'm looking for, and also limit my searching to something I can see locally.

Thanks for all the comments it's a great community here..

I know I mentioned this before but if you want a lift look up Kevin Hunter on YouTube especially the one on Leverage 😎

• Like 1

I have watched a few Kevin Hunter videos after you previously mentioned him (and they are very informative indeed) but not that one. Thanks, I will check it out! 

• Like 1