Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warranty & Service Requirements

My ISF has a extended warranty till 2023 - it is with Assurant formally The Warranty Group. The policy was obtained via Lexus Main Dealer

I want to have my car serviced by an Independent as it's due a 60k service & Lexus want £720 to do it.

Anybody know the position on this? 

I have asked Assurant and all they say is that they need to be a Lexus garage the guy i spoke to sounded like he was making it up as he went along 🙄

20 minutes ago, Charliecloud said:

My ISF has a extended warranty till 2023 - it is with Assurant formally The Warranty Group. The policy was obtained via Lexus Main Dealer

I want to have my car serviced by an Independent as it's due a 60k service & Lexus want £720 to do it.

Anybody know the position on this? 

I have asked Assurant and all they say is that they need to be a Lexus garage the guy i spoke to sounded like he was making it up as he went along 🙄

The Lexus Extended Warranty requires a Main Lexus Dealer to service your car Charlie. It is written in your Agreement.

I didn`t know that Assurant had taken over from The Warranty Group.

The first question would be whether its a Lexus Extended warranty or something else entirely. The name Assurant does not ring a bell as LexusCare Warranty is what its usually labelled as. 

16 hours ago, rayaans said:

The first question would be whether its a Lexus Extended warranty or something else entirely. The name Assurant does not ring a bell as LexusCare Warranty is what its usually labelled as. 

The warranty was provided by Lexus Tunbridge Wells. It's all written up on Lexus headed paper and with Lexus as the warranty provider. 

My guess is Assurant underwrite it.

It does have to be Lexus yes but you can get that price down quite a bit if you shop around and offer to provide your own service pack from lexus parts direct. They wont like this so will generally match the price.

On 5/21/2021 at 10:02 AM, Charliecloud said:

Assurant/The Warranty Group administer it. Toyota provides the warranty.

One of the terms of the warranty is that servicing must be carried out by an authorised Lexus dealer.

You should be able to get a discount on the parts as the vehicle is over 5 years old (essentials), even if they have stopped doing the essentials servicing at a discount.

On 5/21/2021 at 10:02 AM, Charliecloud said:

The warranty was provided by Lexus Tunbridge Wells. It's all written up on Lexus headed paper and with Lexus as the warranty provider. 

Yes, Toyota have outsourced the management of the day to day warranty process to Assurant, a US based worldwide conglomerate. No doubt matching service level agreements to process efficiencies thereby cutting costs. So lexus will be the sole execution delivery mechanism but crucially Assurant will have the say about "does your claim meet warranty qualification" , this should be interesting going forwards as they seek to drive down costs