Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mazda Rx8 wheels for my GS450h

Guy63

My 2007 gs’s wheels are starting to look worse for wear and I was wondering if anybody knows if RX8 wheels will fit? Any feedback would be welcome. Thanks

Would need to know the full spec of the wheels including offset and bore size. I think the bolt pattern is correct but the bore size is larger on most Honda and Mazda vehicles so you would need hub centric reducing rings.

Offset is 50 as opposed to Lexus wheels at 45, bore on RX8 wheels is 67.1 so you would need spigot rings 67.1 to 60.1. PCD is the same at 114.3 5 stud.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=67.1+to+60.1+spigot+rings&_sacat=0

Also check the wheel nuts are the same type i.e. not tapered.

Oh that’s a shame thank you for the feedback that’s excellent. I was hoping that I could renovate the wheels myself as they are uncomplicated compared to mine! Also help to reduce the unstrung weight as they are considerably lighter than the originals.

I think gs300 wheels fit but they are a lot more money than Mazda. Any ideas on second hand wheels that would fit the car and not cost the earth! I was thinking about Toyota equivalents buy can’t find any I like!

20 minutes ago, Guy63 said:

Oh that’s a shame thank you for the feedback that’s excellent. I was hoping that I could renovate the wheels myself as they are uncomplicated compared to mine! Also help to reduce the unstrung weight as they are considerably lighter than the originals.

I think gs300 wheels fit but they are a lot more money than Mazda. Any ideas on second hand wheels that would fit the car and not cost the earth! I was thinking about Toyota equivalents buy can’t find any I like!

They WILL fit no problem, you just need a set of spigot rings to adjust the bore these simply push into the wheel.

Steve that’s excellent thank you so much for the info., I’ll check out eBay once I’ve seen this, cheers again..by the way what is better the aluminium ones or plastic / rubber?

1 hour ago, Guy63 said:

I’ll check out ebay once I’ve seen this, cheers again..by the way what is better the aluminium ones or plastic / rubber?

Definitely metal ones - you are relying on these to centre your wheels, if it is off you will get horrible vibrations.

Great, thank you Colin for clarifying the preferred ring. Can’t really get anybody to clarify if the nuts are tapered, could I use my existing nuts? 

44 minutes ago, Guy63 said:

Great, thank you Colin for clarifying the preferred ring. Can’t really get anybody to clarify if the nuts are tapered, could I use my existing nuts? 

Yes, if the wheels are designed for flat (non-tapered) ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok been looking at other options and a set of 18” gs300 wheels have just become available! The guy doesn’t know one whether they would fit my 450h, and two whether you can fit the tpms sensors? Really appreciate some feedback on these, at least they aren’t tapered!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 9:40 PM, Guy63 said:

Ok been looking at other options and a set of 18” gs300 wheels have just become available! The guy doesn’t know one whether they would fit my 450h, and two whether you can fit the tpms sensors? Really appreciate some feedback on these, at least they aren’t tapered!

If they are from a Series 3 GS, same as your 450h, they will fit no problem and will take the tpms sensors. I did this myself when I owned a S3 450h as I found a refurbished set of S3 GS 300/430 alloys at a cheaper price than it would have cost me to refurbish the original alloys.