Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


What products do you use & anyone tried autoglym valeting centres before?


Recommended Posts


I use Meguiar's products, usually bought in bulk (i.e. 3.8ltr ) containers from their Detailer range..

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Meguires are nice products to use. Have you tried dodo juice, poorboys and autogylm? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have they are all ok but no better than Meg's and more expensive. Autoglym polishes I find dusty. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m an Autoglym man myself as they stock the full range at my local independent DIY shop.

I needed some tyre shine the other day, £7.95 with “free postage” on fleabay but £4.99 at the shop which is the rate for nearly all their 500ml bottles.

Ended up with 5 more products to add to my stock.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I noticed Autoglym is quite dusty. I think that's down to my ability though I think it might be technique. At some point gonna try the Autoglym valters in Manchester. They told me for a mini valet it's £22 not too bad as their advertised as using 12 Autoglym products in the valet so using quality stuff 👌

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Eh up Tariq. So where's this Autoglym centre in Manchester? If its more Oldham then keep away. I was going to use it but changed my mind after reading some reviews and seeing where it was. Not a kind of place you'd expect to see a so called posh car wash place. 

But as a polish, going back to your questions, I use Williams waterless car wash stuff as a polish only. I get great results with it and have done for years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Vlad, 
It's on Stockport road in Manchester.

Not sure I'm allowed to put details in this thread have sent you a DM

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tariq. Thanks. Just had a look and recognise the place but when I use to deliver to fruit and veg places on the same road I passed that car wash place almost daily. I assume its got new owners now who are auto glym accredited. Let us know how you get on when you go.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Check out DetailedOnline. No nonsense detailing products.

Meguiars products are decent, but you pay for the marketing more than anything else. Same with Autoglym

Ive actually somehow managed to move nearly all my products over to them because they work, theyre cheap, provide free delivery and to me, theyre also local

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 As as I have carpro uk ceramic coating on my blue Mercedes, I use carpro lift snow foam, and carpro reload shampoo, then once in a while as a top up carpro elixir detailer. Gtech window cleaner, and gtech tyre dressing. Interior  Nappa leather dashboard and door cards, just give it a wipe over with a microfibre cloth, no dressing whatsoever. Takes me approximately 3 hours though😥 that includes setting up, and putting things away, but gives me great satisfaction.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hi Tariq. Thanks. Just had a look and recognise the place but when I use to deliver to fruit and veg places on the same road I passed that car wash place almost daily. I assume its got new owners now who are auto glym accredited. Let us know how you get on when you go.

Sure will update the thread. Probably be in July when I get some holidays. There mini valet seems good value 12 Autoglym products used for £22!

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Check out DetailedOnline. No nonsense detailing products.

Meguiars products are decent, but you pay for the marketing more than anything else. Same with autoglym

Ive actually somehow managed to move nearly all my products over to them because they work, theyre cheap, provide free delivery and to me, theyre also local

Thanks will check it out 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Shahid NX300h said:

 As as I have carpro uk ceramic coating on my blue Mercedes, I use carpro lift snow foam, and carpro reload shampoo, then once in a while as a top up carpro elixir detailer. Gtech window cleaner, and gtech tyre dressing. Interior  Nappa leather dashboard and door cards, just give it a wipe over with a microfibre cloth, no dressing whatsoever. Takes me approximately 3 hours though😥 that includes setting up, and putting things away, but gives me great satisfaction.

Lol I don't have much spare time at moment but sometimes you can go overkill! When I was in my 20s I developed a 32 step procedure to valet the car but I was slightly obsessive with it! Lol

I can see why some people get ocd with these things! 

It's a workout itself to do it and you need time to rest afterwards 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TKhan430 said:

Lol I don't have much spare time at moment but sometimes you can go overkill! When I was in my 20s I developed a 32 step procedure to valet the car but I was slightly obsessive with it! Lol

I can see why some people get ocd with these things! 

It's a workout itself to do it and you need time to rest afterwards 🤣

Yes definitely hard work, I’m 53, so it’s getting harder, but once a car has been professionally detailed, and coated, it would just be a waste of money, if I went back to the hand wash places, as I will be back to square one, with swirl marks, I confess I don’t do it weekly, probably every 3 weeks or so, and depending on the weather forecast. Yes definitely a work out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership