Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

As a couple of you were asking, here are the new-ish wheels. Not a Lexus but still Japanese, although made in Swindon!  Top of the range so all very nice, and a pleasure to drive.  I seriously considered the RX but it just didn't have enough space, and the rear load area is just too high. These are the dealers pictures.

4e07a4a38e8cf54971a1da38fa9f9b4b.jpg

4d211a34835d1d67e429aa57bd5d38d2.jpg

63986e5877a8dd53c082ae0016a7bdc1.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

Ooooh....very nice, what does Chip think to it?

I noticed it has a H on the steering wheel pad, so you have bought a Hexus then....close enough 😀

Chip hasn't been in it yet but he will on Sunday as we'll be going on a Greyhound walk.  He says why doesn't everyone make a fuss of me like Steve did!

They make great lawnmowers had two over twenty eight years bent the crankshaft on the first one got two close to a tree stump,second one is still going but they started putting metal bodies on them that rust out had to do some body filler moves. Ho ,sorry wrong forum. 

• Like 2

I had a 2015 CR-V (petrol/auto) before my switch to Lexus. It was my second, following an Accord. My Sister is also now on her second CR-V after years of troublesome Audi rubbish finally convinced her to switch. My last one shown, I still miss it despite loving the NX. It just had more character…

Honda make great cars - well made, very practical and totally reliable in my experience. With it being a diesel make sure the oil and filters are changed regularly with the correct grade of oil (even Honda dealers don’t always get it right!) and it’ll provide years of faithful service.

1E2DC2FC-8DCA-495F-861A-2BCF57DE2808.thumb.jpeg.adb2ee1b18b279884a0d66f15b3dedc9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for the comments.  I'm loving owning my first ever Honda, it's such a pleasure to drive.  Obviously I miss the Celsior but as its gone to a good home it makes me feel much better.  I've sold my Volvo as well so I'm a one car owner again, the first time in several years.  I got to learn so much about the Celsior/LS430, such an easy car to work on, I hope Honda are similar should I need to!

21 hours ago, The-Acre said:

As a couple of you were asking, here are the new-ish wheels. Not a Lexus but still Japanese, although made in Swindon!  Top of the range so all very nice, and a pleasure to drive.  I seriously considered the RX but it just didn't have enough space, and the rear load area is just too high. These are the dealers pictures.

4e07a4a38e8cf54971a1da38fa9f9b4b.jpg

4d211a34835d1d67e429aa57bd5d38d2.jpg

63986e5877a8dd53c082ae0016a7bdc1.jpg

Nice car! Hope you enjoy it. A good choice in my book 👍

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I hope Honda are similar should I need to!

hopefully you won't need to  ........  my Honda Legend is a brilliant piece of good engineering ....... no air suspension to worry about, normal tyres, brakes etc

front drivers side windscreen wiper is inordinately long and only get it thru Honda and it's a very sensible price 

previous owner, my bro-in-law did spend Honda Main Dealer money on front steering stuff that had worn out well before 100k miles though .  he put it down to his driving and the zillions of roundabouts at Mllton Keynes where he lived at that time :wink3:

Wonderful driving car, very comfortable, lots of power and responsive ....  sadly not as good as my Ls400 though :thumbsup:

I never did own a Honda lawn mower !

You will thoroughly enjoy your new, reliable Honda steed I'm sure

Malc

• Like 1

I'm sure it'll do very well for you. We've had three Accords (and a Triumph Acclaim!) and all were good, they had a well-engineered feel that was a step up from the equivalent NIssan or Toyota of the time. My sister's on her second Civic and father-in-law has a 2002 CR-V which he bought for under £500 and keeps going happily. And we have a Honda mower too......

Interesting that you you think it has a more useful boot than the RX - coming from a roomy Avensis estate to my RX that is something I was a bit disappointed by.

There's a local 4x4/SUV dealer who always has a few CR-Vs for sale, he clearly does well with them. I'd certainly consider one in the future.

17 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

Honda make great cars - well made, very practical and totally reliable in my experience.

My apologies in advance as I've posted these observations before, but having had a Lexus for only four years, and Hondas for the previous twenty one, I couldn't resist another opportunity!

So there I was, some 21 years ago, strolling between adjacent dealerships, when I saw this two-door coupe that I didn't recognise.  Turned out to be a new Prelude.  One test drive later and I'd bought it.

PICT0936.thumb.JPG.4404700f3b3fefea2a8e8d13dc642288.JPG

Over the years I kept thinking I should replace it, but it suited me perfectly.  Never let me down, it was a pleasure to drive, only ever needed regular servicing by an excellent Honda dealer and aged possibly better than I did.

But after fifteen years and 120K miles I finally met with persuasive arguments for a change.  Namely, my Wife no longer wanted two doors.  She wanted to put her shopping on the rear seats rather than in the boot.  (No me neither! So don't ask!).  Mind you, she also sometimes found the big doors quite difficult to open.  Also it was coming up for a major service, so as good a time as any.

Naturally, I went to my Honda dealer and there saw an Accord.  Another short test drive confirmed my choice and once again it proved to be a delight to own.  In fact I thought this will probably be the last car I buy.  And it very nearly was!

IMG_0201.thumb.JPG.a389d65a71bb2649f33cc114d81b2d68.JPG

After six years of incident-free motoring, we encountered an HGV on the M25 which decided to change lanes after previously overtaking on the inside.  You can see the tyre mark on the nearside rear wheel arch!  The result was that we were spun around in front of the cab and pushed along the motorway.

We got away unmarked.  The Accord less so.

Nevertheless, thanks in part to my dashcam footage, the HGV driver's insurers, Allianze, paid out without too much in the way of a quibble and I went to order another Accord - only to discover they were no longer sold in the UK.

Later I happened to be strolling through a Lexus dealership....

So, ironically, I owe my Lexus ownership to a Romanian lad driving a Spanish registered Iveco truck...badly!

PS. Oh yes, we've had a Honda mower for the last ten years too!  Now if Lexus made mowers.....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

I'm sure it'll do very well for you. We've had three Accords (and a Triumph Acclaim!) and all were good, they had a well-engineered feel that was a step up from the equivalent NIssan or Toyota of the time. My sister's on her second Civic and father-in-law has a 2002 CR-V which he bought for under £500 and keeps going happily. And we have a Honda mower too......

Interesting that you you think it has a more useful boot than the RX - coming from a roomy Avensis estate to my RX that is something I was a bit disappointed by.

There's a local 4x4/SUV dealer who always has a few CR-Vs for sale, he clearly does well with them. I'd certainly consider one in the future.

Interesting that you you think it has a more useful boot than the RX - coming from a roomy Avensis estate to my RX that is something I was a bit disappointed by.

I really did fancy an RX450h but it had no more room than my Volvo estate so seemed pointless.  The Honda has a full 7" extra height in the boot which is what I was looking for with a tall dog.  The dog is obviously just an excuse to change of course!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Malc said:

previous owner, my bro-in-law did spend Honda Main Dealer money on front steering stuff that had worn out well before 100k miles though .  he put it down to his driving and the zillions of roundabouts at Mllton Keynes where he lived at that time :wink3:

Local auto repair shops report significant examples of asymmetric wear of tyres and brake pads for this very reason.

20 hours ago, LenT said:

asymmetric wear of tyres and brake pads for this very reason

I changed the Pirelli tyres that had just naturally worn evenly all over after a looooong time, wondered why my bro-in-law had changed the tyres so often beforehand, now we know !

pleased I could finally change them to the Falkens which seem to be ok so far and giving a much more comfortable ride tbh

the front pads and discs I changed at the last service but one, about 10k miles now and I'm feeling them to be maybe suffering a little .... unlike the smoothness of the Ls400 brakes .....  we'll find out soon when it, the Honda  goes in for its annual MOT and this time possibly a 4k mile service in about early/mid July

Oh, and if I had any hair I'd want what Steve has in his piccy above :thumbsup:

Malc

• Like 1