Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On 5/26/2021 at 3:45 PM, Legendliving said:

Been swatting up on how to keep cream leather clean. So if anyone has any hints I’d be grateful. So far all I know is to ban anyone from entering wearing blue jeans

Get some dodo juice cleaner and sealer. Once sealed you are good to wear jeans for 12 months before needing to redo.

• Like 1

I am thinking of having the Lexus Dash cam fitted at  Lexus Hull I did have one on my previous Cars but its 8 year old now so i think i had better try a new one I hear The Nextbase is decent so i shall try that

8 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

"There is a Tide in the affairs of Man if Taken at the flood will lead on to greater things"

Brutus said "Men"

Didn't quite work out well for King Canute as I recall 😎

30 minutes ago, KayCee said:

must have been a mistypo on my part John

I stand Corrected

Regards

Robert

Sorry Rob, I was really joking, but having proof read many documents over the years, I find it a hard habit to brake (joke!)🤣

On 5/27/2021 at 11:44 PM, lexusisfan said:

Congratulations for your new car.

Sorry for jumping on the thread, but a few weeks ago I've picked up my 2017 GS300h F Sport in White F Sport with the Dark Rose interior.

I've taken it to a mechanic just to give it a once over and he noticed that the tyre walls are cracked on all four tyres. I'm surprised that the Lexus dealership has sold me the car with tyres in such poor condition, so now I need to replace all four tyres.

Nevertheless. please see a few pics on the day I bought it:

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-12 at 23.31.27 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-12 at 23.31.27 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-12 at 23.31.27 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-12 at 23.31.27.jpeg

Wow that GS looks stunning. 

3 hours ago, KayCee said:

I am thinking of having the Lexus Dash cam fitted at  Lexus Hull I did have one on my previous Cars but its 8 year old now so i think i had better try a new one I hear The Nextbase is decent so i shall try that

I have one fitted to our GSF and have had no issues other than the WiFi button rattling when over 5000rpm 😂. A bit of foam around the button fixed that. I was a bit apprehensive at first, as it wasn’t a top spec Next base model but went for it in the end, following my experience below. 

I fitted a top spec (at the time) Nextbase 612 to our RX and despite all of its good reviews, I wouldn’t recommend it. It’s very sensitive to having a low internal Battery and often will not start up if the car is left for a few days, without the Battery being charged in house. Also it needs its memory card replaced every 9-12 months, despite using top of the range memory cards 🤦🏽‍♂️

18 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Get some dodo juice cleaner and sealer. Once sealed you are good to wear jeans for 12 months before needing to redo.

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

I was tied up counting the grain of the sand on the beach 🤯

Informative YouTube videos from Supernatural cleaners, as Colin said their Dodo juice is first class 

39 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

I was tied up counting the grain of the sand on the beach 🤯

We must compare our respective answers Phil.

"There are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on Earth" said Brian Cox, Carl Sagan et al.😉

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

"There are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on Earth" said Brian Cox, Carl Sagan et al.😉

Not if you're referring to the ones on TV and the media 🤠

I

4 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Sorry Rob, I was really joking, but having proof read many documents over the years, I find it a hard habit to brake (joke!)🤣

know you was John was just my way of a Flippant reply no offence whatsover i know your dry sense of humour

• Like 1

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

A stone is heavy and the sand weighty, But the provocation of a fool is heavier than both of them. Proverbs27:3

Strange how our scientific "experts" make reference to scriptures when making lofty pronouncements . Cox and Sagan can no more prove their claims as disprove the existence of a higher being. 🤡

55 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

A stone is heavy and the sand weighty, But the provocation of a fool is heavier than both of them. Proverbs27:3

Strange how our scientific "experts" make reference to scriptures when making lofty pronouncements . Cox and Sagan can no more prove their claims as disprove the existence of a higher being. 🤡

Almost the first time I have read utter rubbish from you sir. Sunday lunch to blame perhaps ?

The number of stars being greater than the number of grains of sand has been shown to be correct mathematically.

Neither Cox nor Sagan have denied the existence of a higher being. They have merely asked for proof. As young Thomas is supposed to have done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Not being a Bible expert, I stand to be corrected, but as far as I am aware Carl Sagan’s oft quoted statement re stars and sand is not a biblical quote.  It is an intellectual exercise that has entertained astronomers, astrophysicists, mathematicians and suchlike for decades - if not centuries.  

Recent developments regarding the Hubble Deep Field images, for example, have begun to redefine estimates as to the size and age of the Universe.  In fact they add further support for this particular statement.

And incidentally Cox and Sagan don’t (and in Sagan’s case didn’t) have to disprove the existence of a higher being.  It’s always up to those who make claims to provide the evidence to support them - evidence which can then be examined, tested and falsified.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I`ve just been sitting in the garden reading Cox`s book "Why E = Mc2"

My brain hurts !

Well that’s what reading does to you, John!

Better to watch the tele…for example at 9.00 tonight you can see the first of Cox’s new series on BBC2 called ‘Adventures in Time & Space’.  Not sure if Lexus gets a mention…..

Just now, LenT said:

Well that’s what reading does to you, John!

Better to watch the tele…for example at 9.00 tonight you can see the first of Cox’s new series on BBC2 called ‘Adventures in Time & Space’.  Not sure if Lexus gets a mention…..

My seat has been booked since 11am  this morning Len !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LenT said:

Not being a Bible expert, I stand to be corrected, but as far as I am aware Carl Sagan’s oft quoted statement re stars and sand is not a biblical quote.  It is an intellectual exercise that has entertained astronomers, astrophysicists, mathematicians and suchlike for decades - if not centuries.  

Recent developments regarding the Hubble Deep Field images, for example, have begun to redefine estimates as to the size and age of the Universe.  In fact they add further support for this particular statement.

And incidentally Cox and Sagan don’t (and in Sagan’s case didn’t) have to disprove the existence of a higher being.  It’s always up to those who make claims to provide the evidence to support them - evidence which can then be examined, tested and falsified.

I know a little of Carl Sagan as I worked at the time for the company that built the Digital cameras for the Voyager spacecraft and Carl was known as an agnostic but he also agreed one can neither prove nor disprove the existence of a higher being. As to the conjecture over how many stars/grains of sand this was essentially a metaphor to express enormity of scale first mooted to ill-educated people , and as far as we know so far by the Summerians and later incorporated into parts of the Bible, And the scientific community continues to do the same thing but caveating their answers with, could be, might be, estimates conclude etc etc. That is to say they can neither prove nor disprove definitively. 

I know a little of Carl Sagan as I worked at the time for the company that built the Digital cameras for the Voyager spacecraft…

That must have been a fascinating project to be involved with - and they’re still sending back useful data.

Carl was known as an agnostic but he also agreed one can neither prove nor disprove the existence of a higher being.

Richard Dawkins, although generally called an atheist, also maintained that one should really be agnostic until an evidence-based conclusion could be established.  But I would suggest that he, like Sagan, were pointing out that if a ‘higher being’ did not exist, then the evidence of its existence would not be testable and thus could not be falsified.

And the scientific community continues to do the same thing but caveating their answers with, could be, might be, estimates conclude etc etc. That is to say they can neither prove nor disprove definitively. 

Yes, that’s clearly the case, isn’t it.  But of course that doesn’t preclude future researchers from refining their knowledge and getting closer to a definitive answer.

My question at this point is….who cares?  It’s a bit like the debates involving fairies, dancing and pin heads.
In fact I think Douglas Adams summed it up rather well….

“Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LenT said:

The quote isn't a biblical one, it was God's promise to Abraham that his descendants would be as numerous as the sand on the seashore. As far as evidence of a so called "higher being" goes, apart from the mind boggling complexities of the natural world, I believe it only comes from a personal experience, sitting around waiting will prove little.  Karl Marx, who was an atheist said, if anything would convince me of the existence of God it would be the thumb" try doing anything without your thumbs for a while and you'll quickly discover what a brilliant design they are!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links