Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I think its a game of patience especially in todays climate.

I also think people are not ging to press the buy it now for a car unless they have viewed it.

My car took 3 months to sell but my patience was rewarded that I only lowered the price by £50 - but I did recieve lots of messages from chancers.

I specifically ignored "best price" messages and offers without viewings.

Your car looks very very good and does stick out from the rest - I think it might be slightly under - priced!

Good luck with the sale.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

I think its a game of patience especially in todays climate.

I also think people are not ging to press the buy it now for a car unless they have viewed it.

My car took 3 months to sell but my patience was rewarded that I only lowered the price by £50 - but I did recieve lots of messages from chancers.

I specifically ignored "best price" messages and offers without viewings.

Your car looks very very good and does stick out from the rest - I think it might be slightly under - priced!

Good luck with the sale.

I managed to sell my daughter's car by offering it at a lowish price with advert on the drive. Ideally I would trade-in as you often have to deal with some strange people. Again, lots of messages, "Is it still available?" then nothing more - they are probably testing the market. I am selling a trailer on Gumtree, which at the price, is a bargain. Again no takers. I no longer have a car with a tow bar. If I wanted a trailer, I would guarantee I would have to pay double for a similar one. If someone wants what you are selling they will pay the price. If not, then like you said, they are just chancers who want to make a quick buck. 

• Like 1

When fleabay first started it was a good way of clearing the shed and making a bit of money doing so. Then the fees increased, then the traders jumped in.

Nowadays I see it as the cheap and nasty counterfeit outlet store plus with their new direct payment system they have access to your bank account instead of Paypoo.

I’ve made some decent purchases on Gumtree, I bought my 18” wheels on there locally for a very reasonable price. 

• Like 4

Sold my 18's on eBay for £50. I just wanted the space back. Had 1791 views on the car, 36 watchers, a few offers made - no sale...I'm just putting a drivers door on there now, see if I can make some more spa e in the garage.🙄

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links