Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 to IS300H anyone regretted it ?

So the ultimately reliable IS250 Se-l has been true to form brilliant and totally reliable ,in fact it reliably did both its rear calipers , air con pump , touch screen and alternator and regular vsc light on. But saying that I like it , its got 101000 miles on it and drives awesome.

So I want another and I fancy a IS300H has anyone upgraded and could you indicate any issues you have had if any and how the Hybrid batteries stand up on high miles.

thanks all

Hi Rod. Actually you ask if anyone has upgraded from is250 to is300h. My lexus history started with an is300h premiere. Got rid after 5 weeks as I couldn't get to grips with the CVT. After a stint with an auto mondeo I got another is300h premiere and loved it. Driving on Battery alone I managed a best of 3 miles. The Battery in my opinion acts more like a boost to performance. I'm in a 2007 is250 SE-L and to me it's better than the 300h. So yours is on 101k miles? Hey its only just run in. Keep it coz I guarantee if you get rid of it you'll regret it.

3 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hi Rod. Actually you ask if anyone has upgraded from is250 to is300h. My lexus history started with an is300h premiere. Got rid after 5 weeks as I couldn't get to grips with the CVT. After a stint with an auto mondeo I got another is300h premiere and loved it. Driving on battery alone I managed a best of 3 miles. The battery in my opinion acts more like a boost to performance. I'm in a 2007 is250 SE-L and to me it's better than the 300h. So yours is on 101k miles? Hey its only just run in. Keep it coz I guarantee if you get rid of it you'll regret it.

Its funny you should say that as tomorrow I will fit the new aircon compressor and have it regassed and run it some more , mines a 2006 SE-L with MM the 300h are a little dear at the minute and after all the work I have done mine  is now mint so I shall as you say keep hold may go and road test a 300h to see what it is like 

I have just driven back from northumberland A1,A66 and M6 at 80mph on cruise it did 39.1 on tank avg very surprising.

I switched from an is250 sel to 300h in Dec 19'. 

Back to back I prefer the is250 drive. Felt just as solid as the 300h and made a lovely noise when you put your foot down. At 95k the 250 felt like it was just getting warmed up. 

300h on most journeys bar 10min trips to the shops, gets 40mpg+. 

I miss the sound of the V6 and the 17" wheels. I think that's about it. I've got used to not having dipping door mirrors and a rear sunshade. Having collision alerts, better lights, TPMS, DAB, Bluetooth audio, chip catchers, radar cruise control, speeding alerts, the F Sport speedo party trick and probably a few things I've forgotten about make up for that. Oh and 50+ mpg without having to drive like my nan.

Wow Rod 80mph and 39.1 mpg is outstanding. Deffo keep it. Yeah good idea to test drive a 300h as actually they are superb cars. I always got 50mpg out of mine but see what you think of how they drive etc. Since yours is mint then you have to keep it.