Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tire pressure display

Hi all

new to this site.

question for anyone that can help. I have a Lexus NX 300h premier 2017 with all the bells and whistles on but I have been told that the screen will not show my tire pressure for each tire and the graphics cannot be added to show this. Is this right or are they just fobbing me off. 

3 minutes ago, Senna said:

Hi all

new to this site.

question for anyone that can help. I have a Lexus NX 300h premier 2017 with all the bells and whistles on but I have been told that the screen will not show my tire pressure for each tire and the graphics cannot be added to show this. Is this right or are they just fobbing me off. 

Welcome Andy,

Does your Handbook offer any useful advice Andy ?

Well 

it show it in the had book but I’m told by Lexus that it is only available for some models. I asked if it was possible to be added as a down load and they no. Cannot believe it cannot done on a download. But this is what they are saying. Can this be true.

a real shame that Lexus IS not doing this as standard especially in the high end models. I bet it could be done on a download but they cannot be bothered to do this. How any costumes have been surprised and disappointed after buy a Lexus know to be there luxury devision only to find out the cannot check tire pressure. 

Only had the car a few days and I’m loving it. Heads up display is nice a first for me. Still have some problem on getting something’s to work. Only 10 minutes ago I tried open the boot from inside using the button and nothing happened so I had to open it from the button on truck.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Senna said:

a real shame that Lexus IS not doing this as standard especially in the high end models. I bet it could be done on a download but they cannot be bothered to do this. How any costumes have been surprised and disappointed after buy a Lexus know to be there luxury devision only to find out the cannot check tire pressure. 

Andy, you could always phone another Dealer(in another part of the Country) and ask their advice, or send an email to Lexus Customer Services for confirmation or otherwise of what you have been told by a Dealership ?

Just now, Senna said:

Only had the car a few days and I’m loving it. Heads up display is nice a first for me. Still have some problem on getting something’s to work. Only 10 minutes ago I tried open the boot from inside using the button and nothing happened so I had to open it from the button on truck.

Andy, don`t forget that you have an excellent warranty from the Lexus Dealer should you find that something isn`t working properly.

4 minutes ago, Senna said:

It's simply model differentiation and many marques do the same. I'm sure it would have been documented in the brochure but it's not the end of the world, just buy a pressure gauge and check manually on a regular basis. Something I would recommend even if one has the pressure display in the car.

The TPWS system as opposed to the TPMS will still alert you to a major loss of pressure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Andy, you could always phone another Dealer(in another part of the Country) and ask their advice, or send an email to Lexus Customer Services for confirmation or otherwise of what you have been told by a Dealership ?

Andy, don`t forget that you have an excellent warranty from the Lexus Dealer should you find that something isn`t working properly.

I the boot open issue may be set up, but I have work out why it’s not open from inside or how to set it up to open from the inside or even if can be operated from the inside even though I have a button to push.

6 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

It's simply model differentiation and many marques do the same. I'm sure it would have been documented in the brochure but it's not the end of the world, just buy a pressure gauge and check manually on a regular basis. Something I would recommend even if one has the pressure display in the car.

The TPWS system as opposed to the TPMS will still alert you to a major loss of pressure.

Yes I have good pressure gauge, but would been nice if the came with the graphics to show each tire.

2 minutes ago, Senna said:

Yes I have good pressure gauge, but would been nice if the came with the graphics to show each tire.

How many people would have this installed if it was possible.

It can be done - but not officially see the thread below onwards.

Seems a relatively simple thing to do

It appears the part is not part of the UK spec, but is elsewhere.