Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On 5/27/2021 at 8:11 PM, ColinBarber said:

Ouch. Has that failed from the inside out, or has someone left a spanner in the engine bay?

yes inside decided to launch itself ! No noise no loss of power first I new was it wasn't cold fitted a used pump yesterday had it gassed today its Freezing !!!!

• Like 3

On 5/28/2021 at 9:04 PM, isrod said:

yes inside decided to launch itself ! No noise no loss of power first I new was it wasn't cold fitted a used pump yesterday had it gassed today its Freezing !!!!

Would be interesting to know where you got the spare compressor and overall costs of fixing it?

On 6/1/2021 at 1:41 PM, Linas.P said:

Would be interesting to know where you got the spare compressor and overall costs of fixing it?

I picked up a compressor on eBay and fitting was very easy jack car up and remove under tray two 10mm bolts holds pipes on and four 12mm fix it to the block it drops right out of the bottom.

I had it gassed at a local garage full vacuum and gas pressure test and dye added and correct amount of oil in system.

Luckily I did not have to replace the dryer as I had only allowed the system to be empty a few days.

The compressor may only last a year or maybe more as I have no idea what the miles are on the S/H unit.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2021 at 4:06 PM, isrod said:

I picked up a compressor on ebay and fitting was very easy jack car up and remove under tray two 10mm bolts holds pipes on and four 12mm fix it to the block it drops right out of the bottom.

I had it gassed at a local garage full vacuum and gas pressure test and dye added and correct amount of oil in system.

Luckily I did not have to replace the dryer as I had only allowed the system to be empty a few days.

The compressor may only last a year or maybe more as I have no idea what the miles are on the S/H unit.

ok so I had everything done and gassed up two weeks later no gas not happy the seal in the s/hand pump failed luckily the seller refunded me fully so I have bitten the bullet and bought brand new with a new condenser and dryer so time to fit them and get it regassed again.

Used a company called CoolpartsUK got both items for £306 delivered from Tyneside moral s/hand not always the best option will report back on progress might even post pics.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links