Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brand new courtesy NX, terrible rattle!!!

My partner got given a Takumi grade brand new NX300h today during her service, all the bells and whistles. So there I am putting the ML sound system to the test, and shock horror, under heavy bass the boot door that houses the sub woofer was making a terrible rattle on low frequencies, so loud that it came through all the music! Has anyone else had this problem?

This and two other loaner UXs I've had have all had bad rattles under loud heavy bass, UX was in the doors. Lexus what is going on? These kind of issues are seriously shaking my faith in the brand and putting me off any future upgrades... Neither my current IS or our NX has these build quality issues. Is this a sign of dropping standards for more profit?

Also I hate the new synthetic leather they use, it makes me warm and sticky, no thanks!

1 hour ago, LordByronUK said:

My partner got given a Takumi grade brand new NX300h today during her service, all the bells and whistles. So there I am putting the ML sound system to the test, and shock horror, under heavy bass the boot door that houses the sub woofer was making a terrible rattle on low frequencies, so loud that it came through all the music! Has anyone else had this problem?

This and two other loaner UXs I've had have all had bad rattles under loud heavy bass, UX was in the doors. Lexus what is going on? These kind of issues are seriously shaking my faith in the brand and putting me off any future upgrades... Neither my current IS or our NX has these build quality issues. Is this a sign of dropping standards for more profit?

Also I hate the new synthetic leather they use, it makes me warm and sticky, no thanks!

No. I think it's just you.

Never had any door rattles on any of my Lexus cars and I've had a few

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LordByronUK said:

My second NX is three years old and has no rattles. I haven’t noticed anything with the speakers specifically, but tbh I don’t listen to anything with heavy base - I prefer to leave that rubbish to the oiks in their 2009 Corsa/Clio/Saxos in McDonalds car park…😇

I had the Tahara synthetic leather on my first NX (have leather now) and apart from the plasticky smell in hot weather I thought it was fine.

I can’t imagine Lexus would have changed production techniques or materials to any great extent on the NX during the run?

8 hours ago, LordByronUK said:

I think I had saw anecdotally that it could be caused by the rear number plate not being secured properly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Eggie said:

I had this issue. It was the rear number plate vibrating.  Additional sticky pads placed on it by my lexus dealer cured it.

Yeah it could well have been that, I do remember the number plate issue now  However, it did sound like it came from within the car.

It's good to hear actually that most of you don't have these problems, but I must stand by my assessment owning 3 older Lexus products and never experiencing these noise problems until now. In two of the cases even the dealership acknowledged the problems.

I had a terrible rattle inside the car from new, under heavy base and over speed bumps.

looked everywhere, eventually found it was the steel rear number plate, 4 rubber pads later problem solved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1