Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

4 months in & still loving my IS300h

1 hour ago, Bounce75 said:

As the title says still loving driving this everyday, just got home & had time to wash & polish it. The Manganese Lustre colours seems to stay clean for ages.

2075068272_IMG_26902.JPG

1235325754_IMG_26912.JPG

836763287_IMG_26882.JPG

That colour looks good.

Looks great - I love mine but was planning to get a 4wd for winter - decided instead to get a nicer set of alloys for my winter tyres as I’m currently using my old ls400 wheels which look awful on the IS so can now keep my IS and saves me shelling out loads more cash. They really are nice all round cars.

62BB80E3-1697-4293-8A99-1681624B2C72.jpeg

They really are fabulous cars. I bought a new F Sport in 2013 and sold it 6 years later (for an incredibly good trade in price) only because I wanted a hatchback (UX). Never missed a beat in 6 years, zero costs apart from yearly service and £10 tax.  Comfortable, economical ( not difficult to get over 50mpg in summer) and swift when you need to get a move on. Mine was a gorgeous electric blue but they look good in any colour IMHO. Enjoy, most people don't know what they are missing!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, johnno said:

They really are fabulous cars. I bought a new F Sport in 2013 and sold it 6 years later (for an incredibly good trade in price) only because I wanted a hatchback (UX). Never missed a beat in 6 years, zero costs apart from yearly service and £10 tax.  Comfortable, economical ( not difficult to get over 50mpg in summer) and swift when you need to get a move on. Mine was a gorgeous electric blue but they look good in any colour IMHO. Enjoy, most people don't know what they are missing!

Not wishing to hijack the thread but do you prefer the UX?

7 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Not wishing to hijack the thread but do you prefer the UX?

That's a difficult question to answer as they are two very different cars.

I loved just walking up to my IS in a car park and looking forward to just driving it anywhere. Whenever I had passengers they would always comment on how smooth and quiet and fast it was. I was always wary of the RWD whenever the weather got wintry but it actually drove really well in the snow.

The lack of a 5th door eventually caused me to look for something else and I test drove an NX, but was not really impressed by the engine response unless you floored the pedal and then economy seemed to suffer. However the UX is dynamically superior,has a much better engine/transmission combination and is really great to drive. The suspension and steering are very good and the cabin is different but still as lovely as the IS.

In truth there isn't any more room in the UX than there was in the IS but it is more flexible, which is what I was looking for.

The UX is our 7th Lexus car, but my all time favourite is still an IS300 Sportcross (2004) which had a fabulous drivetrain, hatchback practicality, decent economy and looked as great as it drove.

• Like 3

that looks great...I'm considering one myself. However, I'm reading mixed messages about the rear seats - do they fold down or not on any of the year/trims ?

4 hours ago, oraman said:

that looks great...I'm considering one myself. However, I'm reading mixed messages about the rear seats - do they fold down or not on any of the year/trims ?

They certainly do on mine, its a standard model with comfort pack & protection pack, 70 plate.

15 hours ago, oraman said:

The base SE model is the only one that doesn't have folding rear seats

• Like 2