Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hybrid Vs Diesel MPG

Joeb359

7 hours ago, stormchaser said:

The Catloc kit comes with 2 stickers for the windows and the fitter will be marking the cat before fitting the Catloc cover.The dealer should then automatically register the car after.I know mine did.

Many thanks for the confirmation, much appreciated 

Have u noticed any issues when going over speed bumps with the catlock on, or anything of that sort? 

Thanks 

7 hours ago, Joeb359 said:

Have u noticed any issues when going over speed bumps with the catlock on, or anything of that sort? 

Thanks 

Since I had my Catloc fitted in Feb this year no issues whatsoever. No drop in economy. No scraping over speed bumps.

8 minutes ago, Sled Driver said:

Since I had my Catloc fitted in Feb this year no issues whatsoever. No drop in economy. No scraping over speed bumps.

thank you! thats good to know

planning on getting the CAT marked and registered as well?

23 minutes ago, Joeb359 said:

thank you! thats good to know

planning on getting the CAT marked and registered as well?

Hi Joe

When Lexus Birmingham fitted the Catloc, they marked the Catalytic Converter during installation. With the packaging for the Catloc is a registration card and two stickers to place on the drivers and passenger side windows. As soon as I got home from the dealership, I registered my Catloc on the website. Very easy to do.

Feel more reassured with the Catloc installed.

I've also DNA marked parts of the car with a kit that's Police approved through SelectaDNA.

If you can, garage your car overnight👍🏽

16 hours ago, Joeb359 said:

Thanks 

Non at all there is plenty of clearance.

IMG_0963.jpg

I have a large list of parts I'm trying to procure, unfortunately the reality of the market is that no one wants to pay for it but I found some serious distrubutor who has many of used engines. Check please:

https://orbimotors.com/

Distributor for all cars engines, parts.

PM me for the best prices!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 9:11 PM, ColinBarber said:

Toyota moved away from belt timed engines around 2000 (for new designs) which meant practically all vehicles are chain driven from 2008 onwards.

The series III MR2 (the MR-S) uses a 1.8 ZZ engine which is different from the ZR series engine used in the CT but it is also chain driven. Those chains could stretch and therefore could need a replacement but they do not have timing belts.

Have been searching to find the bill from Toyota for the Cam belt but it was in 2005 2006 and I cannot find the invoice, but I am pretty sure it was mentioned as correa de levas which is cam belt. Cam chain would be named cadena de levas. But I am getting old and have been wrong before so why not now?

• 2 weeks later...

If miles per gallon or litres per 100km is the only thing that counts, hybrids are losing.

Same driving style, same area, same driver:

Golf 2.0tdi DSG 2005: 5.5 - 6 l/100km

CT200h Luxury 2016 : 6.5 - 7 l/100km

If pollution is interesting too: CT win

If comfort is interesting too: CT win (not fair actually a 2005 vs. a 2016)

On 6/26/2021 at 12:52 PM, Las Palmas said:

If miles per gallon or litres per 100km is the only thing that counts, hybrids are losing.

Same driving style, same area, same driver:

Golf 2.0tdi DSG 2005: 5.5 - 6 l/100km

CT200h Luxury 2016 : 6.5 - 7 l/100km

If pollution is interesting too: CT win

If comfort is interesting too: CT win (not fair actually a 2005 vs. a 2016)

Think it depends on usage we do short local trips in the CT and always average 60mpg ish or 4.5L/100km

Our Diesel wouldn't even get to running temp by then and would use way more, but on a decent run M roads etc the diesel starts playing catch up.

Of course the other thing to consider on low mileage diesel usage is the negative effect it has on the costly DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) causing regeneration problems.

Modern diesel cars with all the latest emission controls, are realistically only suitable for trips of 20 miles plus.

1 hour ago, Poundy said:

Think it depends on usage we do short local trips in the CT and always average 60mpg ish or 4.5L/100km

Our Diesel wouldn't even get to running temp by then and would use way more, but on a decent run M roads etc the diesel starts playing catch up.

Of course the other thing to consider on low mileage diesel usage is the negative effect it has on the costly DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) causing regeneration problems.

Modern diesel cars with all the latest emission controls, are realistically only suitable for trips of 20 miles plus.

The island is 60km diameter. Most trips are short less than 10km. Very many just to get things we need from shops and driving the little one to school (2.5km each way). One or 2 tours monthly up in the mountains about 60 - 70km total. Keeping speed limits so slow. Same driving style in both cars. The Golf had a tour to Denmark from here once a year. When we changed it to the CT the Golf had run a bit more than 200.000km.

The CT: No way to get the 60mpg or 4.5L/100km many claim possible. 6.5 mostly on the computer but that is not telling the truth. When filling the tank and calculating reality is a bit more than 7L/100km. The Golf with same driver was 5.5 - 6. Lexus service tell us the car is in perfect condition and consume is normal.

Before when having credit cards for petrol stations never looked at consume, but after being retired we have plenty of time to do that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 12:28 AM, Las Palmas said:

The island is 60km diameter. Most trips are short less than 10km. Very many just to get things we need from shops and driving the little one to school (2.5km each way). One or 2 tours monthly up in the mountains about 60 - 70km total. Keeping speed limits so slow. Same driving style in both cars. The Golf had a tour to Denmark from here once a year. When we changed it to the CT the Golf had run a bit more than 200.000km.

The CT: No way to get the 60mpg or 4.5L/100km many claim possible. 6.5 mostly on the computer but that is not telling the truth. When filling the tank and calculating reality is a bit more than 7L/100km. The Golf with same driver was 5.5 - 6. Lexus service tell us the car is in perfect condition and consume is normal.

Before when having credit cards for petrol stations never looked at consume, but after being retired we have plenty of time to do that.

There are a mountain of things than can influence a car's economy performance, laden weight oil viscosity  brake wear, fuel grade, tyres (car makers always err on the soft side for comfort, while tyre makers say harder for performance and economy) plus much more. 

Driving style also comes into play, when my son in law uses my Jaguar XF R-Sport for work when I am off, he gets about 5 mpg less over the same trips.

If I want to check fuel usage I always fill to the brim and refill to the same level when low. I doubt many drivers of any vehicle would mirror other drivers numbers.

All I can guarantee is our Ct200h at present will do 60mpg and a tad less in winter. Lexus will always be non committal over fuel usage seeing as they advertise it as 4.1lt per 100k 😁

Be interested to see what other owners average on their CT.

22 minutes ago, Poundy said:

There are a mountain of things than can influence a car's economy performance, laden weight oil viscosity  brake wear, fuel grade, tyres (car makers always err on the soft side for comfort, while tyre makers say harder for performance and economy) plus much more. 

Driving style also comes into play, when my son in law uses my Jaguar XF R-Sport for work when I am off, he gets about 5 mpg less over the same trips.

If I want to check fuel usage I always fill to the brim and refill to the same level when low. I doubt many drivers of any vehicle would mirror other drivers numbers.

All I can guarantee is our Ct200h at present will do 60mpg and a tad less in winter. Lexus will always be non committal over fuel usage seeing as they advertise it as 4.1lt per 100k 😁

The 2016 we have is supposedly is best possible order (according to Lexus/Toyota here). Tyres Pirelli P7 something with still too much in them to get new. Fuel since changing to Shell from BT has been registered and when seeing the kilometres driven and the litres of fuel put in over a bit more than 700km it tell us that 7,238 L is used each 100 km. Consider that to be rather precise. Filling to brim here would be valid only if same gasoline pump was used each time. Horizontal is horizontal, but not all gasoline stations here have horizontal ground.

4 minutes ago, 200h said:

this is an image of the dash when i had a ct in march 2014

and its showing just under 60mpg.

59.5 mpg.jpg

Will take a picture next time in car (if I remember).

Lexus here tell me the car we have is supposed to use no more than 3.8L/100km. We use less than double so it is OK.

The Golf 2.0tdi DSG we had before was supposed to consume 5L/100km. Same driver as in the CT and same driving style: Consume in the Golf was 5.5L/100km.

45 minutes ago, Poundy said:

I get more or less the same as you. In mild weather I average just over 60mpg. In colder weather I average about 56mpg. That's after fitting Cross Climates. Ive previously managed over 70mpg on certain trips. 72.3mpg being the best with four in the car almost entirely on A and B roads.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

The 2016 we have is supposedly is best possible order (according to Lexus/Toyota here). Tyres Pirelli P7 something with still too much in them to get new. Fuel since changing to Shell from BT has been registered and when seeing the kilometres driven and the litres of fuel put in over a bit more than 700km it tell us that 7,238 L is used each 100 km. Consider that to be rather precise. Filling to brim here would be valid only if same gasoline pump was used each time. Horizontal is horizontal, but not all gasoline stations here have horizontal ground.

7.238L per 100km works out at 39.7mls per gallon. I find it hard to imagine a Ct200h using so much fuel unless there is a problem.

Hard to imagine many are doing around 50% more miles on the same amount of fuel as yours. I have a 6cl 3.0 Diesel that runs similar numbers to that. The attraction for me to the CT200h was low running costs If I thought I was only going to get 39mpg I probably would have picked something else.

51 minutes ago, Poundy said:

7.238L per 100km works out at 39.7mls per gallon. I find it hard to imagine a Ct200h using so much fuel unless there is a problem.

Hard to imagine many are doing around 50% more miles on the same amount of fuel as yours. I have a 6cl 3.0 Diesel that runs similar numbers to that. The attraction for me to the CT200h was low running costs If I thought I was only going to get 39mpg I probably would have picked something else.

That is what I told Lexus here and they told me the car is in perfect order and consume is not more than many other have. There are many CT's driving around here.

We did not really look for the car because it is supposed to consume very little, more because it is comfortable and not so big that a parking place is impossible to find; plus handling is excellent and the excellent music is a plus. First car we have had where no idea about installing music has been of interest.

Next service is in September so then will have it controlled again. Hybrid Battery is fine, usually when parking the Battery is full and when starting the car 2 or 3 days later it still shows full. If something was wrong with that it probably would have lost a couple of bars.

Most of our tours are 5 - 10 km. Once, when we just got the car, we were driving down south and back again where road is mostly flat (not like in Denmark, but no mountains) and consume on computer showed a bit more than 5L/100km; supposedly hybrids should be good driving short trips, buying stuff, driving little one to school and so on, what we mostly use the car to.

Here is a picture from an ad selling a CT here in Spain

https://www.coches.net/lexus-ct-18-200h-luxury-5p-electrico-hibrido-2018-en-a_coruna-49248253-covo.aspx

billede.thumb.png.1c5778520af81c982e62c2ee22b4df53.png

Could mean that 6.5 is normal here.

Hybrids are good for short trips in mild weather as the engine warms up quicker and the cabin doest need to be heated by the engine. So as mentioned, your fuel consumption figures appear to be poor considering your climate.

Short trips in cold weather and all cars will struggle.

I did remember:

billede.thumb.png.d137b92a24e474de06df3bc771879939.png

This is normal here.

Picture above show another CT with 6.5 and that is from a car business that is trying to sell the car. They could have just kept the standard from Lexus showing between 3.8 and 4.4 L/100km.

23 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Will take a picture next time in car (if I remember).

Lexus here tell me the car wehave is supposed to use no more than 3.8L/100km. We use less than double so it is OK.

The Golf 2.0tdi DSG we had before was supposed to consume 5L/100km. Same driver as in the CT and same driving style: Consume in the Golf was 5.5L/100km.

Filled the car, 35L.

Went on highway and bothered the other on the road with driving 80km/H for around 20km.

Consumption 5.5L/100km.

After a few kilometres in city from highway to home it climbed to 6.1.

Different ways of driving, different roads, different countryside (flat or mountain). Different consume.

billede.thumb.png.36b87661d857217eb17c8a18ade5dd8c.png

Wait in the car 20 minutes with air condition on and  consume jump from 5.7 to 6.1

Air condition is using fuel. Here where we live, we use air condition. Keeping the car 23 degrees C is a blessing-

I know what I am doing wrong.

Some shops her still do not like families coming in (one person only or + child (not children)) so I pretty often sit waiting in the car; here air condition is not only for keeping the car dry in winter, so it is running constant. Difficult to find a parking place in the shadow. Waiting 20 minutes with air condition puts consume from 5.7 to 6.2 (since refuel, yesterday) as no kilometres are added; only gasoline is used to keep temperature OK. Tried without music but that did not make any difference (do not play very loud, it is not a disco) so I suppose my poor efficiency of use of petrol is due to too much waiting in car.

No problem, I sit well and the music is great and nobody tell me they do not like the jazz I play. So part of the extra the car consumes is due to air condition and liking to sit in the car listening to my music.

If only using the car for driving around like most do, I suppose consume would be around 5.7L/100km.

The 3.8 Lexus claim is possible is nothing but hot air and bull****.

AI is extremely fast and efficient here 

billede.thumb.png.906b473fd39d4661255da9eb2c57b543.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links