Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Side-light bulb replacement - please advise

I need to replace a side-light bulb (IS250 2009). 

Does anyone know of a guide and what size bulb, please?

Seem to be several YouTube guides for replacing low-beam bulbs, but none for sides. (Actually, they’re more like ‘centrals’!)

Ta 🙂

if it's easy enough to remove ? .......... why not just take it out and then into a real shop and ask for a replacement ?

Malc

15 minutes ago, LexV84me said:

I need to replace a side-light bulb (IS250 2009). 

Does anyone know of a guide and what size bulb, please?

Have you looked in the handbook. At the risk of sounding like someone else on here...:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

The sidelight bulb is bayonet type. It's behind the rubber cover. Lots of YouTube videos on changing bulbs yes headlight but sidelight bulb is under that cover. I've got LED ones in mine. I'll post a link if I can find it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T10-CAR-BULBS-LED-ERROR-FREE-CANBUS-XENON-WHITE-W5W-501-SIDE-LIGHT-BULB-24H-EUKA-/123785174411?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

These are brilliant. Just be wary removing the rubber cover. Note where things are around it. The passenger side you'll have to remove the washer bottle fill tube, one bolt and it lifts straight up. Drivers side can be done without having to take air filter box off. Take your time and be methodical. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T10-CAR-BULBS-LED-ERROR-FREE-CANBUS-XENON-WHITE-W5W-501-SIDE-LIGHT-BULB-24H-EUKA-/123785174411?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

These are brilliant. Just be wary removing the rubber cover. Note where things are around it. The passenger side you'll have to remove the washer bottle fill tube, one bolt and it lifts straight up. Drivers side can be done without having to take air filter box off. Take your time and be methodical. 

Looks good – complements the hue of the HIDs 🤩 

How long have you had these LEDs in place; any fault codes or battery-drain probs?

Ta 🙂

Hi Nick. I got them last August. Fitted them very easily. Only issue was the passenger side cover. Couldn't get it back on so I ended up cutting off the 2 tangs and now the cover stays on no problem. The bulbs illuminate really well. Not dazzling but a really good bright light.

• 1 month later...

aaw my g'd ....  why do they make access so challenging !

stupid designers methinks

4 hours ago, gji25 said:

the drivers side you will have to remove air filter box and disconect the maf sensor

Malc

gji25. No you don't have to remove the airbox to change sidelight or headlight bulb. I did mine without having to do so.

Yes Malc. Stupid design. Mind you it's tight under the bonnet of the is250. 

ok, i,ll rephrase that. its much easier to replace the side light bulb if you remove the airfilter box and disconnect the maf sensor (drivers side)

unless you have the hand size of a 5 year old

• 1 month later...
On 5/30/2021 at 1:12 PM, Mr Vlad said:

Did these bulbs go through an Mot? 

Mine is due next month and the 501 Leds I have in my sidelights are flickering. 

Can't decide whether to go with Halogens or the LED bulbs you recommend. 

Are there even any decent white light Halogens out there?